8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Rickmansworth Cine Fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rickmansworth Cine Fair
Alan Paterson
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2007 06:02 AM      Profile for Alan Paterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went along there yesterday. Plenty of parking for disabled people (all empty). The Police even showed up, but I doubt if they had much trouble from anyone there as they mostly seemed to be in their twilight years.
I got a couple of Tom & Jerry's and the Mickey Mouse 50th Year Collectors edition. All in very good condition, but in need of a lubricate and clean. They move around a lot in the gate.
Saw some 16mm projectors I used back in the eighties and a few (expensive) scope lenses. Apart from that, not much to be seen.
I got there about 10.30am and was on my way home by 11.15am.
Anyone else go?
I keep hoping to find the Pinewood Open Day film that Movietone made in the late 70's - and was released by Derann.
Alan

--------------------
If God had meant us to run, we'd have been born with spikes in our feet.

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 25, 2007 10:06 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan. Nice film and I have that one. I think Derann do still print it but not 100% certain..

On one of our DVD'S which Derann sell for us you can see the Pinewood Studios Derann Open Day which they organised some time ago. The dvd is called "Movie Club Magazine" and features lots of old cine material and events. This is not an advert for it by the way, just thought it might be of interest to you with Pinewood in mind.

Regards..

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2007 04:09 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,i came along as well and probably spent the same amount of time but i did get a couple of 16mm features cheap and an excellent 600ft super 8 muppet movie extract,plus some 800 and 1200 spools,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC