8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » If you want to try this at home!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you want to try this at home!
Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 03:56 PM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to release your own cut downs you could
always try it this way. I have to admire his Ingenuity!
Try this....

http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html

Stuart

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 04:43 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's BRILLIANT Stuart,I'm now in the middle of making all my favourite films!!!!!

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 30, 2007 05:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mel Brooks once said:

"What is the toughest thing about making film? Putting in the little holes. The sprocket holes are the hardest thing to make. Everything else is easy, but all night you have to sit with that little puncher and make the holes on the side of the film. You could faint from that work. The rest is easy: the script is easy, the acting is easy, the directing is a breeze…but the sprockets will tear your heart out."

-but I never thought I'd really see someone doing them by hand!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 01, 2007 12:59 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if someone can create a tool similar to paper punch, it will make easier.

I believe there is a tool like that. How about people making 8mm from 16 mm stock?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 04, 2007 03:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
10 out of 10 for ingenuity. You have to give the guy credit for trying.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 04, 2007 10:10 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got it! I've got it! Use a roll of transparency material 120 meters long and a modified pizza wheel. [Big Grin]

Roger Manning Jr
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2007 05:41 PM      Profile for Roger Manning Jr   Email Roger Manning Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,
I sent you a P.M. over a month ago did you get it?
Roger

--------------------
Roger Manning Jr.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC