8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Steve Osborne

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Osborne
Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2007 01:06 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Does any one know the where abouts of Steve Osborne. ( The Reel Image )I telephoned him last Saturday and so far have had no reply from him. Thanks for any information, Alex.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 22, 2007 01:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's very busy, whatwith work and home, also editing the REEL-IMAGE and seeking out collections to sell, etc - I'm sure he'll return your call

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2007 04:38 PM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fax has worked best for me to reach Steve as he is busy.
937 296-1084

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 22, 2007 05:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can personally vouch for how great of a seller Steve is. Honestly, I have never met a more generous Super 8mm seller. It's almost embarassing how generous he is. Whenever I buy from him, he also throws in freebies, and thier always better than I expect. Heck, he doesn't even have to send freebies, but he does.

That, and he even cleans his prints with "Film-Guard", so the prints are already ready to screen!

I know many a seller, (professional and otherwise)and most are very good about thier business , but Steve really excells them all!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2007 10:48 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had an email reply from Steve this morning, so all is well!

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2007 12:26 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen , thank you for your replies . I find it very difficult to deal with this gentleman,after many tries in the month of July he finaly returned my phone call on the first of August. I ordered film guard from him ,he said it would be deliverd in seven to ten days by UPS, he got the money but I have not received the FG and he does not return my calls.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 23, 2007 02:52 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alex don`t worry Steve is a top bloke you`ll be OK, he is as mentioned very busy but a total star when it comes to dealing and service etc as mentioned, hes just snowed under at the moment. I`m sure its on its way by now.
Best wishes Mark.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 23, 2007 03:13 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can vouch for Steve as well. I am sure you will be fine. It definitely takes him a long time to reply via phone but if you leave an order on his phone line you will get your order quicker than you can blink! And he also throws in Freebies which is great.
Great member of the Super 8 Community!

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys.

Alex....ask Steve about customs at the border. That could very well be the delay of your order. In this case it's out of Steve's hands. I can ditto everything that has been said here about Steve. Be patient and stay tuned. I know you want the product. Steve's the man!!!

CG

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2007 12:40 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks once again for your replies re Steve Osborne.Chip that is the problem I can not ask him any questions as he will not return my calls or reply to my e-mails,Had he given me a tracking number for UPS I could have made some inquiries from this end but without a tracking number I can only try to get back to him . Any way hope you all have a nice weekend Thanks Alex.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted August 24, 2007 01:21 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex,

Steve is a very reliable source and an honest guy. His only real problem is that his handwriting is bad. Your FilmGuard order would've been shipped the day you placed your order, but I couldn't read it and it took until today to get a clear fax. (FYI The order has shipped.)

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2007 06:05 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad,thank you for that info,much apperciated can you tell me what type of delivery was used,i.e. UPS or MAIL regards Alex

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted August 24, 2007 10:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
UPS standard to Canada.

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2007 10:50 AM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Brad, Thank you, hope you have a nice week end.Alex

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 01, 2007 05:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once saw Steve wrestle a Grizzly bear over a print of "Coffy" and he won.

Now the grizzly treats his sold films with film guard.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC