8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Theater Marquee Humor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Theater Marquee Humor
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2007 07:39 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a topic suggestion that I don't think I've seen here before, what is your funniest rememberance of a cinema movie title sign? Was it spelled wrong? By error? On Purpose? Was it a multiplex or drive in - single or double feature? I'll start this with what I can bring back to mind.....

At a drive in:

THE CHINA SYNDROME followed by THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Tripple Cinema:

THE SHITING (the 1st letter N replaced by a letter T in Stanley Kubrick's classic starring Jack Nicholson)

At a different drivein:

BAMBI followed by THE DEER HUNTER (this road side marquee probably caused some fender benders)

[Big Grin] OK now it's someone else's turn.....

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2007 12:38 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used to run special childrens films at multiplexes every saturday at the company I worked for.

A large marquee sign could be seen from the freeway and the large carpark of the Airport West 8 plex. By standing on the roof of a car the letters could be changed or stolen.

One night the sign read "KIDS FLICKS" promoting the shows, but the next morning someone had pushed the "L" and "I" in flicks together! Guess what it spelt now!!

The theater received a barage of complaints until the manager could organise the letters to be properly separated again.

David

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC