8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Dave Prowse in Dallas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dave Prowse in Dallas
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 10, 2007 10:33 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondered if any of our USA friends will be going along to the Dallas Star Wars Con USA on Oct 20th-21st and are able to post a report on this forum with some nice pictures?

Dave is due to come to the UK in November but it would be nice to hear and see what the Star Wars event was like in the USA.

Any takers?

The link:
www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/home/home.html

Update: Only just heard that Christina Hewett passed away last month best known for being one of the Tonnika twins in a New Hope. If you love the film and watched as much as I do you will know her from the Cantina scene. Christina can also be spotted in other films such as Bridget Jones's Diary as a guest at the Darcy's, even in a James Bond movie. She died of Cancer here in the UK.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 01:47 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, Dave showed up at two of our Star Wars events on these shores last year. In May, he was with Kenny Baker (R2), Billy Dee Williams (Lando) and Mary Oyaya (Luminara).

Did you attend Celebration Europe in July? After Los Angeles and London, Lucasfilm are organizing a convention here in Paris oct. 27 and 28. Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) will be guest of honour.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 04:19 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The London Star Wars event was a little bit of a disappointment by all accounts so I hope the Paris event does better. I heard they didn’t even have the 400ft super 8 box on show as part of the Star Wars story of successful marketing.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC