8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hey Guys!! I'm going to be a DADDY!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hey Guys!! I'm going to be a DADDY!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 25, 2008 08:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I just found out today. My wife is a month along!!

and .. yep!!

That kid is going to be well educated on the joys of film!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2008 09:02 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi!

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2008 09:04 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations from me too, Osi, all the best.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2008 09:34 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Congratulations Osi,i wish you the best and god bless the baby

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2008 10:11 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulaltions Osi! My wife is 8 weeks away from our fourth!

David

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 01:32 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 02:08 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, congratulations! [Big Grin]

Wishing all three of you the very best that all the world can offer! [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 08:26 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.

So you do not watch films all the time, lol.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 26, 2008 08:46 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi

Congratulations. Bringing up a family many years ago curtailed my film collecting, but I have many Std. 8 and Super 8 home-movies of the children growing up.

Now they have children of their own I am collecting again!

Best wishes.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 26, 2008 09:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we don't watch the films ALL the time ...

The bulbs do burn out!

(heh heh!)

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 09:59 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi!!

Yes sometimes there are more interesting things to do in the dark LOL [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 26, 2008 11:52 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and congratulations to you David on your fourth!!

(I can hardly wait to get some photo's of the baby curiously inspecting reels of film!)

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 26, 2008 12:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
Congratulations and best wishes. [Smile]

Graham.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My congratulations too.
If you use 9.5mm you could call the baby Pathe

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2008 04:52 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats from across the pond. Hope all are well and healthy. Hopefully your new child will appreciate the joys of film projection!! [Smile]

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 26, 2008 06:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

Which pond are you referring to.....Osi lives in Idaho! Actually, I guess the Mississippi River would qualify. [Wink]

Osi & David,

What great news!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 27, 2008 11:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Osi. Congrats to you both from this side of the pond. Hope all goes well. Now all your troubles will really start.....forget about the films [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 27, 2008 01:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh No Kevin,

This child will have an endless fascination with Super 8!

To start with, I'll get a 50 ft. reel of trash can film, and let the child happily unwind it all over the floor ...

Then the baby will do some of it's "teething" on the 50ft. reel!

Then i'll keep the projector just out of range, but enough to tempt the baby to his feet, learning to walk towards the projector.

THEN he'll learn to read via subtitles on silent movies, (shown at a very slow pace!)

and the list could go on!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2008 03:43 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your wife, Osi. You thought that Film collecting was expensive, boy oh boy!!!

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 27, 2008 04:45 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brings me back to the day I went downstairs and found my kid wrapping himself in about 200 feet of R8 Kodachrome. He was like a Kodak Mummy!

-a repaired splice and a thorough cleaning and it projected like nothing ever happened!

He has however become one of my favorite filmaking subjects and has become a great excuse for collecting cartoons!

-Congratulations!

[ January 27, 2008, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 27, 2008 05:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, as they say "mean to start as you wish to go on" Good man.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2008 09:47 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May your quiver be full! There is no joy on earth like a loving family. I wish there were more of them, and may yours be such a treasure, congratulations!!!!!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 28, 2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi: congrats. Savour every moment, each day is a new and exciting adventure.
Having a baby girl changed our lives.
She attended several private screenings already (her first was the last 600ft of Star Wars). We celebrated her 1st b'day last xmas with the opening of our new cinema and a special screening of Ratatouille. She enjoyed the first half and then fell asleep. She's got a bunch of cores and rollers as chewing toys. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 28, 2008 09:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fellas,

I think one of the best thing about having your own family,

is that you have a fresh start with another generation. I'm not going to be an "absentee father" like my dad, (though he did pass down the super 8 bug to me), and my wife won't let the abuse that happened in her family, happen with our children, nor will I.

Though only one family, mine will come up with a healthy respect for God, country and thier fellow man in general ...

and that's because I'M going to teach them, and not let the school system or mongrels all around them do my job!

... but, being into self defense, I will train them up to defend themselves well. never swing first but damn well get in the last shot ect.

... because they are coming into a very different world than you or I came into.

Here's to good luck in that endeavor ...

and though it will no doubt slow down my super 8 collecting,

I'll never be out, that's for sure!

LONG LIVE SUPER 8!!

--------------------

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2008 10:14 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello: ozi! I wish you all the best with your new member of your family, you know is the best time of your life, I remember I have 3 children, and now 2 of my daughters are married, and my son is still with us, I thing he will be a bachelor but who knows?? again grongratulations, and enjoy those fast years ahead, and of course our great hobby super 8 , all the best philippe cuypers [Smile]

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC