8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Brody is dead.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brody is dead.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2008 12:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sad to hear that ROY SCHEIDER,aka Police chief Brody from Jaws has passed away after a battle with Cancer.He will be missed.Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 11, 2008 01:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scheider was a workhorse of an actor on films and TV. He was a real pro, always adding to the film by his presence. Jaws was probably his most remembered movie.
Time to replay that great 200ft Jaws digest.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 11, 2008 02:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a big fan of his. He was just great in "All That Jazz".
I always liked "Blue Thunder".

He's had a few 8mm releases. Aside from "Jaws", there's "The Seven Ups", "Marathon Man", "The French Connection", "2010", and of course, "Jaws 2".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2008 02:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
I always felt that he was underated as a movie actor.Aside from the titles you named Doug;what else did he do?.I will always remember him,along with Shaw and Dreyfuss From JAWS.Andy.
PS Maybe the best threesome ever commited to film.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 11, 2008 02:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy, we miss you, I liken him to the tough guy actor, like Lee Marvin. All business, no filler.

He was great on "Seaquest"

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 11, 2008 04:03 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A first rate actor that always seemed comfortable and well suited in his roles, apart from Jaws, Blue Thunder and 2010 also stand out.

Graham.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 11, 2008 07:46 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame, he really was a great actor.

His "You're gonna need a bigger boat" is one of the most famous one liners in modern cinema, and by the way: it was an ad-lib.

We find ourselves quoting it at my job quite often when things seem to be getting out of hand.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 11, 2008 09:34 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scheider was also very cool in "52 Pick-Up". He made revenge so sweet!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2008 03:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's upsetting to think that only Richard Dreyfuss of the threesome remains. One of the greatest films of all time in my humble opinion. I never tire of watching it.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 12, 2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right there John,
I'll be running my 16mm print of all that jazz soon, he was great in that one but i agree Jaws is what most people will remember him by, "we'r gonna need a bigger boat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 12, 2008 01:48 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Farewell and adieu unto you Spanish ladies.
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain.
For it's we've received orders for to sail for old England,
But we hope very soon we shall see you again.

What a great scene!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2008 02:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
John im with you on that one.In my view theres never been a more stronger threesome in any movie.Perfect in every way.Jaws is after all my all time fav.movie.Andy.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2008 01:29 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember running the first day screening of 2010: The Year We Make Contact in 70mm. We had some complaints about the 6 channel magnetic sound. I went down into the theatre to check and it was the scene where Roy is talking to the Russian at the radio telescope. Half the dialogue was there, the rest blank!

It turned out that some of the mag tracks had been wiped due to faulty heads in a preview screening. We had to revert to our 35mm scope back up print. It was still a great film that I would love to see again. RIP Roy.

David

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2008 10:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes David.I too think 2010 was a good film,better than the original
in my view.Andy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC