8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Most Haunting Cinematic songs ... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Most Haunting Cinematic songs ...
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2008 03:24 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also John Williams's score from THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and THE TOWERING INFERNO, also his STARWARS and SUPERMAN themes are truely epic!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2008 03:58 PM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
John Barrys "Wednesdays Child" theme from the Quillert memorandum,also his soundtrack from Out Of Africa,he is a brilliant composer,his 007 music stands out too,regards,Peter.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2008 04:19 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The music from Clint Eastwoods "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima". Haunting theme which is hard to remove from the mind when heard.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 14, 2008 04:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad someone mentioned John Barry. he did two of the most beautiful soundtrack songs ... (in my opinion)

Born Free (majestic!)
Somewhere in Time (as lovely and moving as the movie)

In some ways, (though I do adore the movie), I think the theme to "somewhere In Time", actually outweigh's the film. I can listen to that music completely void of the film and be greatly
moved!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 14, 2008 09:28 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haunting....
Ennio Morricone- Exorcist II -Reagans Theme

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcy9ULOFfVw&feature=related

Also Cinema Paradiso Love theme:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RwDf2DCX_1A

Joe Hisaishi- Howls Moving Castle Main theme

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D5tTiYT1cgU&feature=related

Michel Legrande- Brian's Song
(I use to hum this tune as a kid before I even saw the film. I think my parents use to watch it and It got burned into my brain.)

John Barry--Somewhere in Time, Dances with Wolves, Out of Africa, Game of Death, Peggy Sue Got Married
Hans Zimmer- Gladiator
Pino Donaggio- Dressed to Kill
Howard Shore-Lord of the Rings Trilogy
John Williams- Schindlers List

I think I missed a few..

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 14, 2008 09:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Monty Python's Bright Side of Life.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 01:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHY I OUTTA!!!!!

hOW ABOUT THAT LOVELY CLASSIC, "May The Bird of Paradise ... Fly Up Your Nose!!!"

You want haunting? I'll give you Haunting ....

THE MONSTER MASH!! (Bobby "Boris" Pickett)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2008 04:54 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about the haunting theme from PORTRAIT OF JENNIE, coutesy of Debussy? Or Miklos Rosza's superb score of BEN HUR!!

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 16, 2008 08:23 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My all time favoutite movie song is 'Theme from a Summer Place'. But then I always have had a major crush on Sandra Dee ! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 17, 2008 07:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice Jarre score to "Lawrence of Arabia" and for for the most haunting music...scary stuff that is..... "Jaws" [Eek!] .

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC