8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » When is the BIG Film convention in England? NOVEMBER?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When is the BIG Film convention in England? NOVEMBER?
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 03:55 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to plan my trip to England early this year. I do not want to miss the convention.
Any one have an idea? Thanks in advance.
yrs, Rob

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 10:16 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert, the big convention in the UK in November, is the Northern Film Collectors Convention. Hosted and organized by Derann film services.

The following information was taken from their website.

Saturday 15th & Sundayday 16th November 2008 32nd Northern Film Collectors Film Convention, Blackpool

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2008 02:34 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the nearest airport to Blackpool? If Robert's coming in from San Diego I suspect a direct flight anywhere near is going to be difficult.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2008 03:12 AM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks SO much for the info.....I WILL MOST DEFINATELY BE THERE! I am THRILLED! I LOVE London, but poor health has prevented my travels for a while. I feel I can make the trip now. YEA!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2008 02:06 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to avoid any confusion Robert, Blackpool is several hundred miles from London. Barry Attwood can no doubt tell you how good (for good, read bad!) the trains are to get to the Northern Film Collectors Convention.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2008 11:30 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The nearest major airport would be Manchester, but Blackpool does have it's own airport. You would be able to track down a taxi or coach from Manchester to Blackpool, Del.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2008 12:16 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I could take a flight from London TO BLACKPOOL?
You are all going to be there? correct? I'll be the gent who looks a wee bit lost or misplaced , BUT definately with a SMILE!

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2008 02:31 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, there is no way you will be allowed to be "lost or misplaced" at the Blackpool Film Convention. You will never meet a friendlier bunch of people. Just make yourself known and before you know it, you will be "one of the lads". You definately need to book your room at the Savoy Hotel asap (thru Derann Film Services) and attend the evening dinner, the night prior to the convention. Look forward to meeting you there.
Regards Keith.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2008 03:01 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping to be there this year. Wanted to get up there last November but it didn't work out. I hear good reports about the convention since I last attended when it was somewhat lacklustre and generally missing enthusiasm. Robert Nichols putting real film shows together has really given it a shot in the arm which is great for the hobby and great for all the effort put in by those wonderful chaps from Dudley.

Before I forget though, I have the usual big bottle of scrumpy for the lunchtime get together this Saturday in the projection area.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2008 03:30 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, perhaps we should market a "Forum Members Pewter Tankard", for the aforemention Scrumpy, engraved with the "BFCC" logo on one side and "Super 8" on the other. [Wink]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC