8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » American Ice Cream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Ice Cream
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 24, 2008 05:30 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another film from the USA on Sky Movies where someone in the middle of the night creeps downstairs and removes a tub of ice cream from the freezer (fridge?) and spoons the contents as if they've not eaten for days.

I buy ice cream in large tubs from my local Tesco supermarket and keep it in my freezer but have to remove what I want with a knife, a spoon would be impossible, it's too frozen.

Is American ice cream more runny than in the UK?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 24, 2008 08:54 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] What an interesting question!

I can assure you, though, ice cream in the USA is just as solid as a brick when first taken out of the freezer. I guess during scenes like the one you describe, the viewer is supposed to assume the protagonist takes his ice cream from the fridge, not the freezer... either that, or it's simple laziness on the part of the movie producers [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 24, 2008 09:32 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Artistic licence, Jan?

Perhaps they come down an hour earlier and transfer the tub from the freezer to the fridge!

--------------------
Maurice

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 25, 2008 11:43 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There ya go! [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC