8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ticked off with Ebay ... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ticked off with Ebay ...
Sam J. Clarke
Junior

- posted July 18, 2008 12:07 PM      Profile for Sam J. Clarke   Email Sam J. Clarke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To send the headers you need to copy them form the messages source, not what you can see. Most e-mail clients have an option to view it somewhere.

This should help: http://support.netdoor.com/email/eheaders.html It says how to get the headers on a few clients.

Sam

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 18, 2008 12:51 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, when you open the email that the buyer sent, put your cursor(arrow) in the center of the email(white part) and right click. Then a box will open up, there should be an option that states "show headers". Choose that option.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 09:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I tried what you stated and right click does bring something up, but I looked at every option (and thier subtopic), but there's no "show headers" thing.

The ebay answer had a similar kind of response, (as each e-mail program has it's own set of perimeters) and they haven't worked.

So, I will do my best to get on a conference call concerning this with ebay, and maybe get somewhere through that.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 12:41 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

How to Show Full Headers in Windows Live Hotmail

The following instructions are for displaying and forwarding the full headers of a message using a Hotmail account:
Right click the message and select View Source.
NOTE: You must be using the Full Version of Hotmail. This will not work while in the Classic view.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 05:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I receive my ebay questions and replies on my yahoo mail.
The same rules apparently don't apply to yahoo.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 07:35 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, The only way to send the headers to them is to forward the original email. All emails contain normally hidden headers. They get ripped out if you just reply or copy and paste from the originals. If you forward an email the headers remain.

In some email client software you can somewhere ask it to display the headers. If you can do this you can copy and paste the headers to eBay.

You wouldn't believe the amount of info there is hidden in an email [Eek!] It gives details of all servers the email has been through including details of spam filters etc. I can understand why eBay wants to see these as it will give them some very detailed information.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2008 10:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up concerning the e-mails. Perhaps I'll try to forward the actual e-mail to this person in ebay.

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 20, 2008 12:55 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

How to Show Full Headers in Yahoo Mail

The following instructions are for displaying and forwarding the full headers of a message using a Yahoo Mail account:
Click on the Mail Options link from the navigation bar at the right.
Click on General Preferences under the "Personalization" column.
Under the "Messages" section, select the box next to "Show all headers on incoming messages" to the right of "Headers".
Click Save at the top left of the screen.
Go to the folder where the message you received is stored and click on it to display the message.
Copy and paste the message and headers into a new message.
Fill in the address in the "To:" field as well as the subject, then click "Send."

Try an wiggle out of this one! [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 20, 2008 01:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good! Lets try that!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC