8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Possible Dodgy E-Bay Seller Warning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Dodgy E-Bay Seller Warning
Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2009 05:42 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I came across a new seller on E-Bay US, movie-merchandise. He was selling a Betty Boop cartoon that I was interested in so I asked him about shipping to the UK. His listing specifies PayPal as an option, but take a look at his reply to me:

quote:
The circumstances under which I'd sell out of the country are (1) the buyer agrees to pay with U.S. cash, and (2) the buyer understands that shipping to the U.K. is very expensive and agrees to pay that shipping WITHOUT DEBATE. If you agree to those conditions, please get back to me and let me know. Thanks!

So basically, send me cash so there's no PayPal cover and I'll hold you hostage over the shipping cost. I told him to go boil his head.

He's already got a negative strike for refusing to take PayPal from a US sale even though it's on the listing.

This just sets all my alarm bells ringing.

Stewart

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 08, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this guy appears to change his Ebay name a lot. He was previously known as Cinema City and I've come across some collectors who have not been happy with him.

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC