8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Paper Chase TV Series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paper Chase TV Series
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2009 09:24 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
April 7th is the street date for those who are fans of the show like me. You can pre-order and see an image of the 1st season box set on Amazon. Now if they would only release "Batman" and "Ghost & Mrs. Muir".

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2009 06:20 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BATMAN would be a big seller.

I doubt MRS. MUIR would sell many copies.

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2009 04:51 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing we can all do RIGHT NOW is pick up the phone (in the USA and dial 1-800-621-FILM and order a CASE of your favorite super 8 film stock. (20 carts) Or whatever you can. The point is BUY FILM. Then USE IT! An then Buy some more and use it too. Kodak direct sales are fantastic, affordable and fast shipping. There's no minimum cart purchase. So, order 5 E64T's 5 ea Tri & Plus X and for some fun experimentation order a mixed batch of Vision negative films. If you're a student you can get a 30% discount and they even have an online ordering system if you have an .edu email addy! A case can be had for about $200!
Some other excellent film use ideas: Have you archived all of your ancestors photos? Think digital is the way? THINK AGAIN! Digital is good, but film is forever! After all isn't that photo 50-150 years old already? The BEST digital photos in the world are those scanned from negatives to a CD ROM. Three back up formats in one shot: The negative, the print, and the CD ROM which you can make many copies of.

Raymond, I'd love to know where that film slitting/ perforating gear is now. I know many people who'd give a limb to get a hold of it. I know several who've long disscussed the wont/ need for taking any film stock and repurposing it for 8mm formats. Let me know if you have any idea...

NOW GET OUT AND SHOOT SOME FILM!!!!
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2009 04:58 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing we can all do RIGHT NOW is pick up the phone (in the USA and dial 1-800-621-FILM and order a CASE of your favorite super 8 film stock. (20 carts) Or whatever you can. The point is BUY FILM. Then USE IT! An then Buy some more and use it too. Kodak direct sales are fantastic, affordable and fast shipping. There's no minimum cart purchase. So, order 5 E64T's 5 ea Tri & Plus X and for some fun experimentation order a mixed batch of Vision negative films. If you're a student you can get a 30% discount and they even have an online ordering system if you have an .edu email addy! A case can be had for about $200!
Some other excellent film use ideas: Have you archived all of your ancestors photos? Think digital is the way? THINK AGAIN! Digital is good, but film is forever! After all isn't that photo 50-150 years old already? The BEST digital photos in the world are those scanned from negatives to a CD ROM. Three back up formats in one shot: The negative, the print, and the CD ROM which you can make many copies of.

Raymond, I'd love to know where that film slitting/ perforating gear is now. I know many people who'd give a limb to get a hold of it. I know several who've long disscussed the wont/ need for taking any film stock and repurposing it for 8mm formats. Let me know if you have any idea...

NOW GET OUT AND SHOOT SOME FILM!!!!
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC