8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Strange "digital cinema" related story from the news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange "digital cinema" related story from the news
Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2009 01:13 PM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was on the news last night.

While looking for a person who had parked their car in a non-parking zone, the police entered a cinema showing a film and stopped the show to search for said person.
(Snip....) Now... the police does not find the guy, the cinema tries to restart the show at the point where they stopped in the film, but they cant!
The machines are digital and there's now way the can start the film mid-way, and they have to reimburse the audience...auch!

Rediculus! you can't stop and restart such a system?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted April 07, 2009 04:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm no. That is a classic case of morons playing the role of managers. You can move around in a D-cinema feature all you need to. The managers were just stupid.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 07, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm completely shocked the police went looking for the driver instead of just having the car towed away!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2009 05:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's certainly our "finest" over stepping they're bounds!

Now murder ... there's a good reason, unless it's a Police Academy movie, then you can stop the film for someone breaking wind ...

it's funnier than the film!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2009 01:21 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm completely shocked the police went looking for the driver instead of just having the car towed away!

Doug

Yes, that's generally why this was mentioned on the news. Seems they should have done just that. This beeing a film forum, I found the not beeing able to restart the film part as funny as the misplaced use of force from the police.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC