8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » TK 35mm portable projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TK 35mm portable projectors
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2009 10:20 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone
I have just brought myself a pair of used TK 35 portable projectors, wanting to know if anyone here has had any dealings with them before, thesea re the russian versions of the machines (believe that they were 1st made in Germany post ww2)
 -

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 08:02 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe they are a copy of the Carl Zeiss machine. Never been able to work out the film path from the pictures. Doesn't appear to be a top sprocket...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 01:50 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TK35 are east german projectors. I started with this machines to collect 35mm. Some people like this machines and they are realy nice to watch trailer and cheap prints. But do not run rare (expensive) old technicolor prints on this machines. They can be destroyed. And if you run polyester prints, do not go to far from the machines, because you can destroy the gear of the machine if there is any problem.
This machines can be nice but not very smoothly with film.
Some are changed to 220V but the light is more bright at the 110 Volt versions.
Oemer

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 11:43 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gents
By the looks of it it uses just 1 big sprocket (like some 8mm projectors)
I have been told that they have a very good steady picture, they take the older 110v 1000w lamps. the lamphouse is mounted on the back of the projector and the light goes via a mirror into the gate (like a BTH 16mm projector)

Pat

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2009 11:46 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first one was a 220 V version (self changed) with a 500W lamp and a longer Lamphouse. The second one ( a pair) was this one http://www.chapter-x.com/tk.jpg and this was the 110 V with a 400W lamp and a short lamphouse. This is much more bright than the other. Because the short lamphouse is made better than the other. The mirror is better placed in the short lamphouse.
But belive me, this projectors are not very smooth with film. You notice that if you use better machines like my Philips FP3.
As I said, I would not run expensive prints on this machines.
regards
Oemer

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Here is a pic of the back end of mine.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC