8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » From the old days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From the old days
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought this might prove interesting....

-

It's from "American Cinematographer Hand Book and Reference Guide" by Jackson Ross A.S.C. from around 1947. (aimed at the professionals and serious amateurs.)I've owned this copy since about 1954; unfortunately water got at it at one point.
Other pages like this...Anscocolour (Daylight, Tungsten, Printon?), Ektachrome and Kodachrome Tunsten etc. Also quite interesting pages on camera identification marks (little shapes on the edge of frames) and oceans of data on lenses, developing , lighting etc. You name it, it's all in there!
P.S. (EDIT) Try Googling "Rotocolor"... it doesn't tell you that is was an early version of Vistavision, using 16mm Kodachrome running horizontally through the camera, producing a frame needing only a little blow-up to 35mm. This book does!
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC