8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » That's telling him!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That's telling him!
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 04:25 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please to see that our country, led by the delightful Joanna Lumley, has told that idiot exactly where to put his "rules" on residence qualifications for the wonderful, courageous, Ghurkas who have put their lives on the line in support of Gt. Britain since time immemorial.
How someone of his age and experience of the history of our nation can claim to be fit to govern us is beyond me.
As I always say.... "I was in uniform when he was still in liquid form".

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Way
Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 05:19 AM      Profile for Christopher Way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin I cannot agree more with you. I have supported this campaign and was in London the other day with the Joanna Lumley group. I have served and trained with the Gurkhas, and have found them to be not only brave, but experienced and knowledgable men of the British Army. How can anyone deny the fact that for more than 200 years the Gurkhas have actively and bravely supported and fought alongside the British Army in all theatres of war. They carry more VCs than any other regiment, and are ready to go at a moments notice.

Yesterdays win against the Brown Regime (not a government) was a big thumbs up for Joanna Lumley and the Gurkhas. I feel now that Brown has no alternative but to change the policies so that all Gurkhas can remain, live and work in this country. This is a small taken of our esteem that we can offer.

As for Peter Woolas, the Immigration Minister, he should pack his brief case and disappear quickly, but I do recommend he does not go to Nepal.

In conjunction with your quote. I was in Baghdad, when Gordon Brown was in his Dads Bag. Or, I was serving when Crystal Palace was a Green House. Or, I have passed more lighthouses than he has seen Council Houses.

Regards, Chris

Up the Gurkhas.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 06:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, its about time.
This country lets all the useless scabs in and gives them housing and dole money, yet theses brave people have been fighting in wars with us for decades and this is how we treat them,
Also, couldnt help notice how few people flew the St Georges flag on April 24rd, how sad, most councils said they banned it so as not to distract drivers and cause accidents, i suspect as always they were afraid it would upset the minority.
Perhaps we could take a stand from the Austrailian Prime minister who said, (& i have blanked out a few words otherwise its bound to upset someone. Anyway, free speech and all that [Big Grin]
Up the the flag jolly good show. [Wink]

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

M******* who want to live under **** S**** law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian m*****s on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not ******************* or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I suspect that if the gurkhas fought soloey for Austrailia there government would not have treated them like ours has.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 10:12 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn`t believe it myself.

Also the goverment have been a bit thick over this and put themselves in a very bad light in 99.999999999% of the poulations eyes who support the Ghurkas( of course ).

No problem throwing tons of money at the Banks to keep hold of and keep squeezing us anyway though.

My Sister in Law has just lost her job teaching computer skills on the learn direct back to work support programme.

They are shutting loads down although very good and succesful at getting people back in to work " NOW " !!!! While everyone is being put out !!!!! to save a few bob, ahem sorry !!! Crackers.

Mumble over.

Best Mark.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 03:26 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me guys but please dont forget that one of the rules on this forum is no threads about politics etc.

I'm sure you just overlooked that rule which you would have read when you joined up!

Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC