8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » An apology to my fellow Forum members ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An apology to my fellow Forum members ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 02, 2009 10:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys ...

I do want to offer a sincere apology to my fellow (and lady) forum members. I had said that the last auctions on ebay were my absolute last.

I was searching through an old box in my "basement" and I found a movie trailer I thought I had lost years ago, "ANIMAL CRACKERS" (The Marx Brothers, for those who don't know), in 35MM. I thought I'd list it, as I don't collect 35MM anymore, and the family needs the money quite frankly.

But, as soon as this is paid for, (if it sells), then I plan on closing my ebay account after this auction. I do apologize though, as I am a man of my word, and I do my best to keep it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 03, 2009 10:38 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I don't think I can take this news. My life has been shattered beyond belief. Is there nothing sacred anymore in this topsy turby world(?)?

"Tune in tomorrow as Osi says..............

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 03, 2009 11:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looney Tunes more likely.

I just try to be a man of my word, that's all. When I break that, even for a very good reason, I still feel bad about it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 05, 2009 06:08 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend Osi...

I was trying to do that at one point, but when I found a mis-categorized listing where Tom & Jerrys as Game Cartridges with 0.09 starting price, I jumped to bid knowing no one would bid on it

And I won

quote:

There is a story that someone found 3 x 1200" Sound of Music listed as Reel to Reel just because the seller found on his father closet those 3 12" reel with a cover taken from LP "sound of music soundtrack" sticked on the box.

The seller listed it as broken tapes because "some holes are found on the whole tapes"...which those were actually sprockets!!.

Therefore he started with "$0.99". Because, it was listed on "reel to reel tapes" none of bidder wanted to buy broken tapes.

But someone who was going to close his Ebay ID found this listing.... (the story continued)

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC