8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » WHAT A MATCH!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT A MATCH!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 05, 2009 01:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watch two types of sports and that is about it ...

Boxing ... as I used to be a boxer, (never pro, I didn't want to loose my pretty face!)

and TENNIS!

I am always amazed at just how much conditioning goes on to be the best in tennis.

Today, Roger Federer squared off against Andy Roddick. This was a match where I almost evenly wanted each man to win. Roddick has played the best tennis of his career. But this was also Roger Federer's chance to not only win a fifth Wimbeldon, but also a world record 15 grand slam titles! Roger won!

Not only did Roger win this, but it went an amazing 5th set, and this set went an amazing FIFTEEN games! It ended 14/15 for Federer. You could see the tears upon Roddick's face. You had to feel for him. he fought his absolute best!

We will not see another match like this for quite a few years!

Hoorah for Wimbeldon!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2009 01:31 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree!!!

I wish I was there to soak up the atmosphere.

Cheers MW

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2009 03:05 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I only saw the ending, it took me back to the epic 'Connors/Borg' battles where it really just became a matter of numbers, not talent (and so nice to see Borg in the stands.)
Beautiful to behold two men with great skills in a sport where that is still the one thing that counts.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2009 03:07 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted Roddick to win as I really felt for the guy. He deserves to win wimbledon before he retires. It was also great to see Sampras there, one of my favourite sportsmen.

Dammit that Roger has now got 15 [Mad] [Big Grin] But what a player he is and still only 27 and both of them are true gentlemen. Well done Roger. [Smile]

Osi, you made that classic misspelling that all foreigners make, its Wimbledon not Wimbeldon! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Graham S

[ July 05, 2009, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Graham Sinden ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC