8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projector Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector Collection
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 07, 2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bunch here for someone if you've got the time to turn them into film ( or whatever!!):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROJECTOR-COLLECTION-8mm-16mm_W0QQitemZ280368307656QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item414740ddc8&_trksid=p3 286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2009 05:24 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If any of those 16mm projectors are Magnetic and possibly magnetic record, then they could be worth a bit but you cant tell from the photo. Bit of a risk I think even if you chose the 'Buy it Now'. The Eumigs arnt worth that much.

Graham S

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2009 07:32 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those black Elf 16mm projectors look just like the black Eikis and they most of those black models had mag/opt output on them.
pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 08, 2009 07:31 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blue Eiki has mag/opt output by the look of it. Not sure but from the pic the brown eikis don't appear to have a mag/opt knob - they look like NT-1s.

I'm not sure why anyone would want mag record on a 16mm projector though, to be honest.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2009 03:28 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,
Magnetic sound 16mm projectors are used for recording/playing sound on home movies. I have an NT2 with mag playback only and find it invaluable for viewing some amateur documentries donated to me. I believe the Elf NT3 has magnetic record on it but ive never seen one but they do exist. I do however have a seperate Bauer 16mm with mag record on it, but havent needed to record on 16mm yet.

Graham S

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 08, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, home movies. I hadn't thought of this. Thanks for the info Graham.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2009 12:00 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Rank Aldis 16mm with mag record and play back. It was fun watching a film that had both optical and mag tracks. The mag track was in Spanish whilst the optical was in American english.

--------------------
Tony

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 11, 2009 03:07 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is American english?

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2009 03:44 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I think you will find it is where -

A "footpath" is a "sidewalk".

A "carboot" is a "trunk".

And a "fanny" is in the wrong place! [Razz]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 11, 2009 04:44 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't know - I suppose I speak Irish english!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC