8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Exploding Cine Gear?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exploding Cine Gear?
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 10:24 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever had cine gear blow up or catch fire? I once had a B & H Super 8 cine camera where a small plume of smoke rose from the film chamber area! Also, a Specto Standard 8 exploded; this was just the supressor capacitor though.

|  IP: Logged

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 03:08 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had several Elfs start to smoke - and drip wax - I think it was a capacitor on the motor. Scared hell out of me!! Also, a B&H started to smoke - someone had sprayed WD40 which had got on the lamp.
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 04:08 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, Was 'THE ELF OF WAX' scarier that 'HOUSE OF WAX' ? [Big Grin]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 04:52 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,that joke was scary!! I've had to put a Public Elf Warning on it!! Ha Ha, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 07:01 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was doing a 'gig' in an Irish pub, and this chap said to me: "You don't trust us do you?" I asked why he said that and the sumbitch said "You've got your name on your machine!" I looked and there I saw ELF (and me a massive 5'3")
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC