8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Anyone know who Ebays dwg1000 is (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Anyone know who Ebays dwg1000 is
Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 11:12 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just done that as well. It's quite surprising isn't it. I wondered about that 100% feedback.

Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 18, 2009 06:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the saga continues. Tonight Mr Guest cancelled my bid asking where on the 8mm forum this thread is. Maybe he will now find it himself as it's back at the top.

Seems like this may just have hit a bad nerve and opened a few sore wounds. Maybe he did me a favour.
Never did get an explanation as to the actual quality of the film. The reason I asked is going back through his auctions I noticed the wording was always the same and obviously copied and pasted from one auction to another with some minor variations. I think this seller is one to avoid.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 18, 2009 06:41 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well guys I have just finally had a rather long message from our David Guest and I thought you might all like to read it especially Paul as I think it makes ref to him as well. I think it sums this guy up quite well and in my mind one to be avoided.

"i have decided to stop you from bidding on my films as you are a constant winger i can sell my films anywere as i sell dozerns every week . re buying from states i have been conned 3 times over films some never came and others stunk of vinegar and never got anything back also 2nd cue was conned by the same man as me .you had the chance the last time to buy this film but was like the other nosey watchers who never places bids .i gave you the chance second time round to purchase it with free postage and you still moan .yes i did put film on for £99.00 and got 41 watchers so i thought i would put it on again and see how many watchers again bingo 64 up to date ,i have sold loads of films and never no comebacks as for the other man who winges on about not haveing his film yet its on its way and he wont be able to bid in my films also, buy of derans they sell films, i work 7 days aweek 50 weeks of the year and maybee i have not as much time as you ,i will always refund if not happy with films but you all forget you are buying used film that have been shown dozerns of time not new ones people make me laugh when they say a mint print as there are no mint prints as the first time they are shown how can they be mint i sell my films at very reasanable prices not like some by the way murder she said was in great shape have 2 prints of this seen this title seen on sold at derans film fair for £180 so you missed a bargain its true what david eskine says iam very busy and sold him loads of film and projecters plus loads more like mark silvester thanks"

So there you have it from the winger in Essex UK [Wink]

Kev.

BTW I did tell him for legal reasons that I was putting his message on the forum.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2009 10:23 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one word for him..... THERAPY! Does a body good! :-)

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 02:19 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, according to Mr,Guest, if you ask genuine questions about a sale, you are a "Whinger"? As for his "so-called" 64 watchers, he obviously has not realised that most of these are forum members who have read this thread and are "watching" the outcome?

Probably for the best that he "let you off the hook" Kevin, with the bid. No point in "courting disaster". Now, he can sell it to his "original buyer" for £125.00 (plus £12.00 postage and £5.00 insurance). [Confused]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 19, 2009 07:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Correct Keith were all wingers if we question him. I would say this guy is a Dealer? "Sold from one collector to another" appears in all his listings and I bet they never get checked looking at the numbers he sells.

Anyway its a warning to others. Question him and your a winger, buy from him and keep your fingers crossed. The description in his auctions is all the info you need to have!

Kev.

--------------------

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 08:57 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
the 16mm feature "Postmark For Danger" arrived safely this afternoon from David Guest. It was nicely packed and it's a nice print in good condition. Apart from the time it took for him to post it off to me I have to say that the transaction eventually concluded in a positive way. I shall be leaving him positive feedback accordingly. He states in his descriptions that he has many more 16mm features to sell, so it is a shame that he is not more considerate to those who wish to bid on his films, as he would probably sell them at higher prices than he is getting for them now through the goodwill that would be generated from good "customer service". You come across different people in this great hobby of ours. Some, like good old Umit, are lovely people who it is a pleasure to deal with. Dealers like Ian O'Rielly, Barry Attwood, Paul Foster and Larry Pearce always give sterling service and we know that they are honest in their descriptions and friendly in their dealings with us. At the other end of the spectrum there is that small minority to which the age old term "Caveat Emptor" sadly can often apply. I shall not be trading again with dwg1000, not just because in his words I am a "winger" and am banned from bidding on any of his listings, but because it was not a friendly transaction and I felt that he had no respect or consideration for me as a buyer of his films.

Paul
Essex Whinger (West Essex Chapter).

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 19, 2009 11:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I didnt realise were nearly neighbours....The Essex Wingers at that [Big Grin]

I'm at Rayleigh (Thundersley)

Kev.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Essex Whingers" - a breakaway chapter of the "Black Country Moaning Society" - Purveyors of quality moans and whinges to the masses. [Wink]

[ August 21, 2009, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 01:56 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I list films on Ebay I try to offer a fair price and the postage is kept at the same price usually, which I consider to be reasonable. Sometimes I have to make two trips in my car, pay for parking, etc..And it ALL adds up! As well as Ebay fees, etc.. [Frown] All the films and items I have listed have been good. However, there are some sharks out there and collectors have to be aware of this. It's just a shame people have to spoil things for other people. Never mind that's life! End of rant! [Big Grin]

Kevin

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 19, 2009 07:05 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The saga continues! I have had 2 emails tonight from this guy. The first says: still waiting for name of forum member who told you i was blocked from joing or is this just lies i will be launching an investagtion about this as this is slander

And the second says:

cat still got your tongue just been told you go to ealing im haveing a ride this year looking forward to seeing you regards

Looks like this guy is starting to get threatening. He keeps sending messages like this all the time. If I dont reply he keeps asking if the cat has got my tongue!!!

Looks like a Dealer who should be given a wide berth. I think we should have a topic on the forum of ebay dealers who should be avoided.

Does anyone else agree with that?

Kev.

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 08:11 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

I think that's a good idea. Sounds like this fella is getting awful fussed up...tossing bidders off his stuff for no real reason.

Why is it it is so hard for people(me included)to admit that they are wrong sometimes and lighten up?

I think it would be a good idea to have such a list but I also think it needs to stay objective and only present the facts of the situation and allow those who read it to make there own decision about the dealers in question. It should not become a place to dog on people.

Bill

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2009 09:26 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Kevin. Keep your emails.... you may need them for the authorities.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 20, 2009 03:13 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The item has once more been relisted with an extra line in the description about wingers!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16mm-sound-feature-film-B-W-MURDER-SHE-SAID-REVISED_W0QQitemZ140340737057QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL?hash=item20acf5b421&_trksid=p3 911.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

Laughable really [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2009 03:29 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"THIS IS FOR ALL THE WINGERS WHO ASKS LOADS OF QUESTIONS BUT NEVER PLACE BIDS"

You did place a bid Kevin? It was cancelled because you had the audacity to ask questions (sorry "whinge")!

"ANY QUERIES PLEASE RING ME ANYTIME AND I WILL GIVE A FULLY DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS" ????????

You obviously didn't ask the right questions?? (Sorry "whinges") [Confused]

--------------------

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2009 01:12 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree we should have a list of Ebayers who are a bit dodgy! [Wink] I buy a lot from Ebay, and sell, so a list like that would most welcome! [Smile]

Kevin.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2009 07:11 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is too funny.... I need to get my dictionary out... I have no idea what the definition of a 'winger' is.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 20, 2009 07:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But would that be legal? we just have a case of defamation, and google lost the case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/08/19/2009-08-19_court_tells_model_liskula_cohen_identity_of_blogger_that_called_her_a_skank_she_.html

and

http://government.zdnet.com/?p=5262

I think rather than to have a formal list like Kevin suggested I prefer with a case by case posting.

My 2 cents,

--------------------
Winbert

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2009 09:39 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call me silly,but after reading about this guy,I would never buy anything off him,even if it was a film I really wanted.You can get rid of these guys by not patronising them.Sorry to see what happened to Steve.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2009 11:42 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,
the correct spelling I believe is whinger. It describes someone who is constantly moaning and complaining. As to David Guest I feel that I cannot honestly say that he is that bad a seller. He is quite slow in dispatching his films and he isn't that big on descriptions, but he does provide a telephone number for any questions you might have. The print I purchased from him was in very nice condition which exceeded the sketchy description in his listing. I did have problems with the non arrival of a film of his that I won a couple of years ago but he fully refunded my money with no quibbles. I checked back on my feedback and I noted that I had purchased more nice prints from him in 2003 and 2004 which I was very happy with. He can be intimidating and a little rude, probably in response to this discussion about him on the forum, but he has many satisfied buyers who have left him positive feedback over the years. His treatment of Steven Sigel however is quite indefensible and cannot be justified. Though he was slow in posting my film and he cancelled Kevin's bid because he asked for a fuller description of a films condition and called us both whingers, I do not believe that he should be put on a bad sellers list as this should be reserved for scammers and people who sell rubbish prints which he clearly does not do. He, on the other hand, would do well to accept that it is not unreasonable for potential bidders to ask questions about a films condition if the description is not very concise and should reconsider charging £17.00 postage for a feature if purchased with PayPal as that is obviously excessive. But there I go whingeing again! [Big Grin]

Paul.

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 05:26 AM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been following this thread, and I have to say that it seems all quite unfortunate.

It seems things started when an auction ended before a bid could be placed. That was followed by the opening of a new auction at a higher opening price, no doubt something which a seller is perfectly entitled to do without being obligated to explain his actions. There then followed what can only be described as an unfortunate exchange of emails.

I find it impossible to form views on matters such as transaction times, delivery delays or failed deliveries, simply because I am not able see the whole picture in relation to each issue. There is, however, a saying which comes to mind: "as long as words are such an imperfect means of communication, there will always be a role for lawyers", and it seems to me that much of what is causing concern to the individuals concerned could, perhaps, be sorted out by speaking with David Guest.

I can only speak as I find, and I have purchased both a projector and a film from David.

I found him a perfectly straightforward guy to deal with, and the quality and pricing of both projector and film I purchased from him were excellent. On both occasions I visited David and paid cash. This way, I was able to avoid the risks and costs associated with postage or other delivery services, although I appreciate that not everybody is able to do this. I found him to be very hospitable and helpful.

I am therefore wondering whether, even at this point, there isn't something to be said for actually speaking with him. This issue can't be doing anybody any good at all, and this is such a good interest we share that it does seem such a pity that it cannot be resolved in a better way.

I hope that this attempt to pour "oil on troubled waters" will be helpful.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 05:33 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no doubt he has some satisfied customers, but the intimidating emails to Kevin and the appalling situation with Steve is enough for me.

Sometimes people like this will only pay attention to a bigger bully and I can tell you if he had messed me around he would have found one!

I consider he be given a wide birth and in both cases listed here I would have contacted the local authorities.

David, if you are reading this, it is not too late to set both Steve and Kevin right.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 21, 2009 05:50 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think its a good idea to mention ebay sellers via the user name if you have a bad experiance.

However I`m not so sure about putting peoples actual names up here openly on the web as it were or making comment about them in that sense. Especially if personally critical of them.

I don`t think thats really a good idea.

Best Mark.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 21, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
What can be done is to just put the ebay seller id on here then no actual names would be mentioned.

Robert, I asked this guy 2 questions which I dont feel were unreasonable. I told him that I missed the end of the auction first time round and was curious why he had now relisted with a higher price. I also asked him for an in depth description of the film ie, was it a dupe, scratches etc. The reason for asking this was the fact that he uses the same description in all his sales (Copies and Pastes) and to me that is not a fair description of the film being sold.
He came back and said that if I put a bid on in the next 48hrs I would then get free shipping. After 24hrs I got another message from him asking why I still hadnt put a bid on and it was at this stage in the game I started to want to know who the guy was because as far as I'm concerned this is not the way to to business. His emails were all quite intimidating from the very start as if he was annoyed that the film didnt sell first time round and that I still wasnt putting a bid in this time round either. Well I did bid in the end with quite a good upper price as this is a title i wanted but as this thread progressed I decided that it might be a good idea to leave well alone. Just before I got round to retracting my bid he removed it and supposedly has stopped me from ever bidding on his items and the reason given was because I wouldnt give him details of other people who had written to me outside of the forum. I did make mention to that fact in an earlier posting. I will not pass that info on now or ever. He had obviously seen this thread (I sent him the link) and he didnt like the comments but then this was his chance to make amends and it seems that he probably did where Paul was concerned. I, to this day, didnt find out what the films condition was like. He never answered that question! He also said in one message that where film was concerned I knew nothing. I have only been in the industry since 1970 which I politely did let him know!

To top it all if I didnt reply to his messages straight away he would send more asking if "The cat got your tongue" I dont really think this is the way to go on or treat people who could have been potential buyers and then to start threatening me as he did in the end is as far as I'm concerned the last straw. In my books he showed his real colours for the guy he is and I dont deal with people like that and it would seem from some of the earlier posts others have been treated the same way especially where the deals have been private sales.
Steve's tale is exactly the same as someone else who emailed me privately. I'm glad your dealings have been good ones but then you didnt leave it to the post but picked up the goods you had paid for in person and its this point where some people have obviously been taken for a ride [Frown]

Anyway I dont think that this will be resolved between me and him and for me its now the end of it as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty more sellers on ebay that I have had dealings with and I do trust.

I am not a person who is normally rude, threatening or intimidating as others on here who know me personally will tell and likewise i dont like to be treated like that, and wont be [Mad] For me I look at it all as having been a lucky escape. I think that if I passed some of his ebay messages back to ebay he would probably be stopped from selling but to date I havent gone that far but I will if I ever get another rude email off him.

Kev.

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 07:17 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC