8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Forum Members in ITALY . . . help please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Forum Members in ITALY . . . help please!
Jeremy Day
Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 05:56 PM      Profile for Jeremy Day   Email Jeremy Day   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All,

It has been awhile!

I was recently attempting to order a scooter helmet from vespashopping.com . . . but they do not ship the U.S.A. Unfortunately, they are the ONLY site that offers this particular helmet.

So I have been trying to think of a creative way of having the helmet shipped to the U.S.A. Then I thought of the 8mm Forum and its members from around the world.

Would anyone from Italy mind to act as a middle man (or woman) in my postal dilema? I would order the helmet and have it shipped to your address (which would cost me a mere 10 Euro to ship to an Italian address). Then I would wait for you to tell me how much the shipping would be to my address from your location and would either Paypal or Western Union the amount to ship the item.

You'd be doing me a big favor. I would prefer someone who has a fair number of posts and who has been around for awhile (familiar to the other forum members).

I would prefer the member to be in Italy, because shipping goes up dramatically in surrounding countries.

Please let me know if you can help with my odd request.

Thanks,

Jeremy Day

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 25, 2009 06:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy,

You should retitle this thread "Forum Members in Italy...Help!" or something similar(!). That way you'll attract the attention of those members much faster.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jeremy Day
Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 08:29 PM      Profile for Jeremy Day   Email Jeremy Day   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duly noted. Thanks Doug. [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 26, 2009 03:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, Why dont they ship to the USA? It seems strange to me that a company wont deal with one of the largest countries in the world....they must be losing sales [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2009 04:17 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, but in this case you'll pay both VAT (included in italian price) and custom (when shipped from Italy to USA)

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 26, 2009 12:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why dont they ship to the USA?
Will that be a retaliatory message from many Ebaers state "Not ship to Italy" (Why the hell is that?)

Regarding VAT imported items, in many countries there is a minimum amount that custom will not be charged for VAT. In Indonesia where is a developing country a 50$ item is not taxed. I think it will be more in the USA. Check your Custom. How much is your Helmet?

But please remember that Customs always tax you from c.i.f (cost, insurance and freight). So the more expensive freight service you have (such as DHL or FedEx) the more tax will be.

--------------------
Winbert

Jeremy Day
Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Jeremy Day   Email Jeremy Day   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I am not certain why they do not ship to the USA or Canada. It is a very reputable company.

The cost of the helmet is 95 Euro and shipping to Italy is 10 Euro.

I'm not sure about fees . . . I do know that a traveler crossing the USA border can, generally speaking, have $800.00 worth of stuff and not pay duty. Sometimes more or sometimes less . . . depending on the country.

Having said this, I do not see a helmet costing $140.00 costing anything. I've never paid duty on anything I ever received in the mail.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy Day
Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2009 07:23 AM      Profile for Jeremy Day   Email Jeremy Day   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anywho, still looking for help . . . if anyone might be willing. Thanks.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2009 10:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy,
will read your post more carefully tonight when home and see if I'll be in a position to help you.
Ciao.

GIAN

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, supply me all info about this helmet (item code or pictures, favorite color, size, link to the site you have mentioned). I'll be pleased to help you and I'll try to see what I can do.

My PM is:

gloncri (at) hotmail (dot) it

Consider anyway what Fabrizio has written in his reply to your post: the price could increase because of taxes. I know for sure that shipping to USA won't be less than 35/40 euro.

Let me know.
CIAO.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 29, 2009 06:38 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
You could always send as a gift with a very low value but then insurance may not pay out if it gets lost!

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 01:56 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go to the closer post office to ask soon about the best and less expensive way. Thanks for this suggestion, Kevin.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 06:12 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, I have sent you a mail.
I wait for some news.
Ciao.

GL

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC