8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » FS 70mm lens for 35mm projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS 70mm lens for 35mm projector
Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2009 12:51 PM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

I recently stumbled upon a lens which I´m pretty sure must be designed for a 35mm projector, I also suspect it´s the kind of lens people want, because it has a pretty short focal length, 70mm, should mean a reasonably big image at a short throw.

It´s a ZEISS IKON ALINAR II 1:2 (kind of fast too) 70mm

Anyone interested in this lens, e-mail me at:

la55e dot p at telia dot com

Cheers
Lars

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2009 08:44 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars, nice lens.

In cinemas these days we often go below 30mm in focal length to get the large screens filled from short throws. In some cases it requires removing some of the body to get the picture out of the projector without hitting it!

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2009 02:11 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The lens was part of an assortment of lenses for 16mm that I recently aquired. I´m not into 35mm, and honestly don´t see it happening in the near future due to lack of space, therefore this one is up for sale. Some collectors on this forum are also into 35mm, so should you hear of anyone who wants this lens, feel free to direct them to me, please. [Wink]
On the subject of short throw; among the lenses were a couple of 10mms. I´d never tried those before, imagine my astonishment when I switched from a 50mm lens (about a 1 metre wide image) to a 10mm and suddenly covered not only the entire wall, but also part of both adjoining walls, ceiling and floor! [Big Grin]
I imagine a 30mm lens in 35mm must be something along those lines.

cheers
Lars

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC