8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » VP Beauty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VP Beauty
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 25, 2009 02:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am often amused by test reports on video projectors where the writer often expresses disapointment at the external appearance of the projector. As if anyone is going to want to collect these plastic boxes for their beauty! Compared with cine projectors they are all bland, uninteresting, plain plastic boxes -they will never ever become collectable items.
Compare any VP to this cine projector, which could adorn any living room with its gorgeous appearance and unmatched engineering design:

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 02:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eternal standing ovation to you for this post.
And great picture. You are simply right, Paul!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want one.

Bill

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 25, 2009 09:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, the projector shown is a Standard 8mm Bolex 18-5. They are common on ebay and you can pick one up for about $50.00.
It is a truly superb projector, with legendary Bolex quality.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 03:34 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Bolex M8 - that's a stunner!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 04:14 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

What does the M8 model consist of?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 06:32 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, never say never.

I am always amused at what people find interesting and collectable. A few months ago a came across this website...
http://www.pylons.org/

People collecting, talking and going out to visit electricity pylons is to me completely mad. What can anyone find interesting in something that spoils the beauty of the landscape is beyond me, but not to them, and so each to his own.
So will people ever want to collect square plastic boxes?

I dare say. [Roll Eyes]

Chris. [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC