8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF......
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2009 10:47 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When NASA lands a rocket bomb in to the moon to check for air and water.....

The moon takes off going deeper in to hyper space.

Ya know, like when you let go of the neck of a balloon and it flies through the room deflating.....

We have hunger in Africa, Global Recession & cancers...and they have to spend how many millions on this?

(N)eed (A)nother (S)tupid (A)sshole

:-) thank you for letting me rant

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 09:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That wasn't my fear, Chip.

Maybe I have watched too many science fiction films, but I wonder if NASA has ever bothered to check to see if there are any major fault lines underneath the surface of the moon.

Now, this already happened, of course, but what if the major fault line within the moon, that would cause a major ripping forth of the whole moon, was right there, in that particular crater?

So, here's goes professor "Izzy A. Moron" at NASA saying to himself ...

Duuuuh! Lets blow up something on duh moon, Hyuk yuk!

Boom goes explosive, BOOM goes fault line, BOOM goes it's lunar orbit and bye bye goes much of normal life on earth.

Thyere's no real way that all they're scientists at NASA could possibly know what fault lines and such are under the moons surface!

and yes, Chip, your point is quite valid ...

70 million on this mission ....
Chicago spends 70 million to get the Olympic games there ...

another 70 million blown all to hell!

That makes it 140 million down the crapper!

... and to top it off, Obama gets the Nobel prize for not doing s single REAL thing to bring about peace.

(nothing against Obama personally, it's just asinine! I wouldn't be surprised if Obama was wondering, "What the Hell?!")

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2009 01:57 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys this is my fault, I’ll explain…

My nearest seaside resort is Southend, which happens to be on the Thames Estuary. When I go down there the sea is never in and is always 2-3 miles out, not very good if you fancy a paddle. So last year I wrote to NASA and asked them if they could help me. It seems that my rough plan of getting rid of the moon and its influence on the seas, making them tidal and ruining my weekends has been taken up seriously. So good news for me anyway. Sorry guys. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC