8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Tommys getting married (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tommys getting married
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 02:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this time its permenant [Big Grin]
I am getting married to my lovley Fiancee on December 15th in Falmouth, Cornwall and we have so much to do in a very little time,
I wish everyone a very good day at Ealing (hope to see lots of photos on here)regretfully again i am unable to attend & looking at the amount of forum friends coming from over seas i am very sorry not to be there as i could have had a field day with my Q & As for the next part.
However, if a convention goes ahead next spring i will make every effort to attend.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2009 02:21 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Tom!!

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2009 02:36 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... Greedings from Greece !!!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks boys, Hey Antonis,
how are you, would you mind sending me an e amil so i may ask you 4 / 5 questions on our hobby for the next magazine,

My e amil is tphotiou(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2009 03:15 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, may someone run some Ektachrome 64T for you of the proceedings (or even some Vision neg, but one-light prints from the Widescreen Centre are $$$) for you to enjoy projecting after the honeymoon!

Congratulations!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tom! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 07:10 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
And from me too, Kev. You little devil [Big Grin]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 08:32 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, Tom, didn't you just get unmarried? [Big Grin]

Guess I'm one to talk. [Smile] BTW did you renew you membership at the gym? [Big Grin] Don't forget to take your vitamins too.

Congrats!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 09, 2009 09:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Tom!

I am happily married to a lovely 25 year old, (I'm 44!), and have never been happier. Yes, going to the gym helps. As Groucho stated ...

"Your only as old as the women you feel!" (wave of eyebrows)

All joking aside, if I may make some great marriage advice, it is this ...

(we live by this in our marriage)

When you get married, a foundation is set in stone in between you and your spouse ...

That foundation is divorce.

Everytime you don't forgive each other for something, whether big or small, (hopefully not too big, those a re hard to forgive easily), a brick is placed on the foundation.

Now, at first, there's no problem with seeing each other. After all, there's only one or two bricks. However, each time you don't forgive something, another brick is added.

... brick by brick ... brick by brick ...

Until, after so much unforgiveness, you suddenly can't see each other, for the wall is too high.

This is when divorce happens.

The way to cure this, is, each and everyday, at the close of the day, you ask each other, honestly ...

"Honey, did I sin against you in anyway today?"

(choose whatever word you would wish to replace for "sin" if that makes you uncomfortable).

In the best case scenario, your spouse will be honest with you, and you deal with it, BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, so that you don't continue to carry a bitterness of unforgiveness in your life.

That is my advice. It really does work.

Just make sure your evils against your spouse aren't too big for, as I said, big things are harder to just get by.

I hope the advice helps.

All the best on your nuptuals!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2009 02:20 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best Tom, that's great news!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 10, 2009 02:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] Thanks boys,
Hey Dan, belive it or not its over three years since i was un-married, where does the time go??

Ive still got one more 50 sound cartridge left and am hoping for my Brother to use it up, problem with him is whatever he films makes you dizzy, the scilly sod cant keep still! Even with a tri-pod. [Big Grin] ;

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2009 05:25 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My congrats too, Tom,
we hope to see you in May-if your Mrs lets you go that is [Big Grin] !

--------------------
Yannis

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 10, 2009 06:29 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, Cheers to you both I say! - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 11, 2009 08:47 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, if you have the chance, shoot your wedding video in super 8 scope! I was able, with some doing, to attach my (at that time) scope lense onto the front of my Super 8 camera, and made some excellent home movies in scope. What a great topic for a special scope film!

Once again, many happy nuptuals!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 09:04 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tanti auguri, Tom!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 11, 2009 10:14 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to all,

Osi, it would be great to have a scope home movie, specially an event like this. Something i never did.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 03:34 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bvgger shooting the wedding, it's the honeymoon we wanna see!

Best of luck Tom.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 07:40 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May the sun shine on you both and never go out.

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 08:02 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

The best wishes from me too; may you have many happy years together.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 08:31 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I wish you and the bride the best...no luck...only love.

For longevity...see Martin (49 down)

Bill

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 12, 2009 03:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you keep any ST1200 rubber wheels to be used as wedding bands? [Big Grin]
Best wishes to you and the lucky lady.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 12, 2009 06:23 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never thought of that, i do have a couple, [Big Grin]

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2009 03:45 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom

On behalf of Derann, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you both a truly memorable wedding day and every future happiness

Kindest Regards

Gary

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 15, 2009 06:32 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks all,,
From both of us.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2009 03:58 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
if you haven't told her about your film fetish leave it till after the ceremony [Wink]

Many congratulations

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC