8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Who's going to Blackpool?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's going to Blackpool?
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 11:41 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's going to the old pool of Black?

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 12:34 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My beloved and I will be there Simon, with our buckets and spades, looking for a deckchair and an ice cream vendor (after we've been to the Northern Film Convention, of course). [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 02:23 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's my home town, one of the highlights of my year.

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 03:48 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As per (mostly) usual - Carol & I will be there - and as per usual, I'm compering the Sat night din-din & multi-part extravaganza - not to mention teasing Tony Hutchinson and trying to get a drink out of Adrian!! Look forward to seeing you all there. David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 04:06 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there along with a couple of mates of mine from the good old south of england.

See you all there!!!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 06:14 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....Count me in too,will be there Sat night from the Midlands [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2009 04:15 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doctor Erskine

I have heard you are dressing up as Jimmy Saville, and are doing the compere thing in the style of Jim'll Fix-It...with cigar in mouth..."now then, now then".

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2009 06:20 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a blatant lie! I shall (as always) wear my pink leotard and matching wellies!

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2009 06:26 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens at the meal? What's the layout of events?

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 03:53 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone got details of what the featured things and guests are this year?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 10, 2009 08:14 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be going and maintaining my 100% record since the early 1980s. There's little I can say in addition to all I've said in the past encouraging people to go, but it's a fantastic weekend that combines the appeal of a film convention with a relaxed holiday atmosphere - if you haven't been, you simply have to experience it for yourself. To our friends from overseas who have come to the BFCC, I know that Blackpool would probably mean an even longer journey, but if you make the effort, you won't regret it. Blackpool is unique; you won't find the spectacular shows that characterise the BFCC, but it has different attributes all of it's own, and hopefully the auction will be boosted this year, thanks to Derann halving the fees.

Simon: at the dinner, you get a 4 course meal, your MC David Erskine, Ged'd movie quiz, a few words from Adrian Simmonds and any official guests (I don't know if a replacement for Ingrid Pitt has been found - but apparently Mike Dimmock will be saying something), a raffle with lots of prizes, a short bingo-type game, and a short film show at the end of the evening. It's a fun evening and a must for anyone who arrives by the Saturday night. I hope you have booked as anyone who hasn't will probably have to hope they can get a cancellation.

As for the layout on the Sunday: there's a big cinema for the Super 8 shows and the auction, a small cinema for the digital demonstrations, a very large room with lots of dealers, a small from with the bring and buy. If there's a film industry guest, there will be a Q&A session after the auction, probably in the small cinema. Everything is close together on the ground floor of the hotel.

Don't forget that despite general concerns about falling numbers at conventions, Blackpool has more than held its own and is attracting more people now than it did about 5 years ago - so it's a great example of collectors deciding that we mustn't 'lose it', so we'll get behind it and 'use it'! It's the one weekend of the year that you can imagine you're part of a popular, thriving hobby!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 09:06 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall be there too, travelling up by train with a certain Mr Wilton of Ealing.

Tiv

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 11:05 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't make it, but if someone can take some pictures so i can see what i missed. [Frown]

You should all enjoy it, i had a great tme last year.

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 10, 2009 03:24 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I shall be there too, travelling up by train with a certain Mr Wilton of Ealing."

Keith Wilton at Blackpool - that's good news! And who can still doubt that it's the place to be in November!

Paul: I can remember Keith attending in the past (I recall giving him a quote on the train home that he included in S8FR around the mid-1980s) but will he be attending the Saturday night dinner this time? If Derann haven't managed to find a replacement for Ingrid Pitt, I'm sure Keith's presence will be some consolation, although he offers completely different attributes!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 10, 2009 03:29 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next question is; Who's going to John Black's Wildwood NJ Film Expo? - Cheers, Shorty

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, we're travelling up on Friday morning, so yes, Keith will be at the dinner on Saturday evening. It's a pity Ingrid Pitt won't be there. I was hoping to get my Wicker Man script signed! Of course, it's her birthday on Saturday; I wonder if that had anything to do with it...

Tiv

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 10, 2009 08:33 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul - yes that has everything to do with it as she's hosting a big birthday dinner in London, which is an annual event for her fan club. This makes it all the more amazing that the agent (not Ingrid's manager) that Derann made the booking with apparently overlooked the significance of the date. Not Ingrid's fault, as if she had been consulted, there's no way that she would have forgotten that it was her birthday!

A Wicker Man script, particularly if it's an orginal, sounds an extremely desirable item!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2009 01:58 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it been known long about this double booking?
Will another Celeb. be being arranged?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 11, 2009 01:15 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that Derann haven't posted on this as the date is drawing near.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2009 02:37 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I won't be there. Coming to Blackpool from Italy means leaving on friday and I have no opportunity to take a day of holiday at work this month.

Post lots of pictures, please! [Smile]

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2009 12:26 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been quite a few years since I have been to the Blackpool Convention and I am looking forward to attending next week!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2009 02:08 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mark

I look forward to seeing you there!!

Cheers Mark W

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 01:23 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
appetite well and truly whet, see you on Sunday, Del.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC