8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What line of work are you in? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: What line of work are you in?
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 09:12 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Stewart! I appreciate the information. The Kinoton website gives a lot of info. The FP38 is 35/16 and super 16 and is marvelous but I feared the prices. That's what I expected, nearer 10 than 5. Perhaps I can find a refurbished one...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 03:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Stewart
Has your company ever thought of putting a behind the scenes dvd together especially while you are still running film projectors.

Graham. [Smile]

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 04:20 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,
The only behind the scenes stuff that we did was for local tv news when we first opened,usual cheesey 3 minutes worth.
Cineworld would never fund such a thing unfortunately.
Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 04:44 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh!! [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

Stewart John Boyle - do you have any pics of the booth at your cinema?

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 05:14 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] i`ll post some as soon as i can, the booths are not that exciting, Box 1&2, Box3(biggest screen),Box 4 to 7 standard L-shape,Box 8 to 11 L-shape,Box 12 to 15 L-shape, and 16 to 18 L-shape.
Regards
Stewart

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Thanks. I think Stuart Fyvie thought I was asking him for the photos of HIS booth.

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 05:37 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven,
The dual format 16/35,seems to me to be a very curious beast.I`ve never seen one ,but for the life of me i cant think of any demand for such a projector except for small arthouse or private exhibition. It could be a very long wait before you find perfection my friend [Smile]
Stewart

--------------------

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 07:56 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

quote:
What the feck is "Fucking Amal"?
Fucking Åmål is a charming Swedish film from about 10 years ago. I suppose you could call it a 'coming-of-age' comedy/drama about a couple of teenage girls who live 'in the middle of nowhere', a place called Åmål. The director, Lukas Moodysson, went on to make another 2 very worthwhile films: 'Together' and 'Lilya 4 ever'. Not sure what he did after that.

- Rob

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 08:31 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moodyson later made the films "A Hole In My Heart" (2004), "Container" (2006) and "Mammoth" (2009).
The only of his film I have seen is "Lilja 4-ever", and that felt like a kick in the crotch. And I acctually mean that in a positive way.
The only other film that is equal and even tops it is another Swedish film "Älska Mig" (Love Me) from 1986. I ran it for a week at the cinema and I was more or less mentally drained every night. It is probably THE best Swedish film I have ever seen, I have never seen it since and I don't want to see it again for as long as I live. Thats how good it is!

Would you perhaps want to see what Åmål really looks like? Then take a gander at my photostream at Flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/carl-fredric/
There you also can see some photos from my moonlighting at the cinema the last couple of years (pictures from the projectionbooth).

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
for everyone that asked about photos of the booths in my lovely Cinema,my digi camera has been replaced and i will post pics on monday night.be prepared for lots of of lino and kinoton projectors.. [Wink]
Yours
Stewart

--------------------

Christopher Allison
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2010 06:20 PM      Profile for Christopher Allison   Email Christopher Allison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work at Oakley Inc (sunglasses). I'm a phone jockey for domestic accounts. Working here for 5yrs, before that i was a pharmacy tech (I would not recommend that line of work).

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 20, 2011 02:16 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are those pictures...Stewart... [Big Grin] still waiting.

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC