8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 8mm Forum FAQ..... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 8mm Forum FAQ.....
Richard Gordon
Junior

- posted January 03, 2010 08:00 PM      Profile for Richard Gordon   Email Richard Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope this is the right place for this posting....
When I click on the forum's FAQ tab I get HTTP 404 – what to do? Meanwhile, here's the FAQ whose answer I need:
“What are the posting thresholds for each of the member classifications?” I’m curious to know when I’ll cease being classified as a “Junior” and to what heights I can aspire! Regards, Richard

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 04, 2010 07:12 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think after 100 posting you will be upgraded... I don't remember what is the upper ones called.

As far as I remember, we changed the call-status one day and put the Star Wars theme into that.

So posting as many as you can.... as you can see Gian (of Verona, Italy)...in his one year has reached thousands... [Wink] Congratulation Gian.... (as well as Osi...!).

I reached my status now...after 6 years... (I used to be a very slow poster, but once I found that this forum was interesting, I kept posting).

I can guess the next fast posters will be Christian (of Norway)...won't you Christian?

cheers,

[ January 04, 2010, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 04, 2010 07:28 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the next step is "Film Handler" after a hundred posts.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 07:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] Thanks Winbert.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 04, 2010 09:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your welcome Gian...keep posting (and screen shoot) [Big Grin]

Steve, I just realized you registered at the very same time with me (June 2003) ...and we are posting almost the same numbers.... are we racing now? heheheh [Razz]

cheers all,

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 04, 2010 11:20 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you were kind of quiet for a while and rapidly caught up!

I was a member on the old forum and posted there a few times before it went down. When it was revived I rejoined as soon as possible and have been pretty steady for over 6 years now.

This is a pretty unique place on the 'net, it's the only one I've ever gone the extra step of meeting people out in the 3-dimensional world that I've met here.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 12:25 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And 175 or 200, not sure, is Expert Film Handler [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 06:40 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at 171 posts, and as Expert Film Handler. I can't recall if Film Handler came at 100, or 50. I'm thinking 50, as I've been at expert for some time now. I don't know what's next after Expert, though.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 06:45 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Beer - Faqs & Women"

[Big Grin]

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 05:39 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the expert-status is on 100 posts. After that there is Master, Jedi-Master, Phenomenal and then Film God, but don't know how much posts you must write...
Hope, I didn't forgot something.

I'm a slow poster, too [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 12:29 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Master Film Handler is 250 posts, I just reached this a few minutes ago [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 02:32 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, Christian.
Okay, then I must post a little bit more [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 12:53 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get the same error message when i try to view the FAQ`s,perhaps one of the moderators could investigate?
Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 12, 2010 12:59 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll ask the webmaster. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason is the only FAQ on this Forum is whether one can use WD-40 to clean films. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 01:11 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO Doug,I kind of had the same thought,on the ball as always.
Cheers Bud
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 12, 2010 02:16 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to the main Film-Tech Forums page.

Richard Gordon
Junior

- posted January 17, 2010 04:25 AM      Profile for Richard Gordon   Email Richard Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad - so I guess that the link you provided is also the link associated with the 8mm Forum FAQ at the head of this page - because how else would we find your link? Anyway, I still don't know why our forum's FAQ link does not work. Meanwhile here's the film-tech FAQ-answer on member grades (which does not exactly reflect what goes for our beloved forum):

"Film Handler statuses are nothing more than fun (and cheezy) member titles that are based purely upon the number of posts that person has made and does not necessarily reflect the actual expertise of the member. ALL members start out as "Film Handler" and then as they participate and accumulate posts, they turn into "Expert Film Handler" and "Master Film Handler", etc. Occasionally we will give a specific member a custom title. This is purely at our discretion. If you do not have a member picture, don't even consider asking."

Why am I not a "Film Handler"? [Confused]

Doug - I like your comment, though unlike Stewart I'm just LOL rather than LMAO [Smile]

Richard

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 17, 2010 12:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The main FT forums has had a lot of upgrades over the years that never got put into the 8mm forum. I'm not sure why the link doesn't work, but whenever I have some time (whatever that is), I'll fix the link.

Richard Gordon
Junior

- posted February 02, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for Richard Gordon   Email Richard Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Link now works [Smile]

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 05:05 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doug: ...one can use WD-40 to clean films
Should I not use WD-40 to clean films ? After that they run so smooth through the projector [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 03, 2010 08:59 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

That's funny, but every so often the WD-40 question rears its sludgy head, along with the non-automotive use of Armor All cleaning wipes.

I think we settled it when Brad Miller told us that "Kodak did testing on WD-40 years ago and found that although the initial impression was that it didn't damage the film, as time passed WD-40 leeched the dyes out of the image causing color bleed."

Doug

--------------------

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 09:18 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of WD-40: A friend of mine once got a damaged RUSS-projector and a bunch of family-films from a colleague. He was asked to try to fix the projector and to watch the films on his projector to see if they might be worth being transferred to video. After watching the 1st film (lucky on a cheap editor), he found out what damaged the projector: As a splice went lose, the tape was replaced by some staples... [Eek!]

Jörg

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 03, 2010 09:44 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,

The dreaded staple splice also happened to a fellow Forum member and it ruined the gate on his GS-1200. That's why I hand clean every film I get!

Doug

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 05:28 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's happened to me too. Luckily my GS800 was not injured.
And it was on a brand new Derann print!?! [Eek!]

Probably done at the labs and unnoticed when sound was added.

L-G

(Just proves that everyone can make misstakes)

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 06:32 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug... seriously???? People actually think of WD40???? OMG! I bet the same people might think they can use duct tape as splicing tape!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC