8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » NEW SERVICE AVAILABLE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW SERVICE AVAILABLE
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2010 04:08 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure that by now everybody knows that we have a family business in electrical engineering.

We have just re-located to new premises incorporating larger on-site test laboratories, and accordingly are in the throes of updating our website.

There now seems to be a new/old genre requirement in the field of repair and servicing of valve (tube) amplifiers, and we are keen to develop this side of the business. We will be adding this facility to our website.

We have over 40 years experience in the design, construction, repair and servicing of such equipment, and would like to extend this service to all Forum members and their friends and families.

Naturally we possess all the necessary test equipment etc. and would respectfully ask that you try to support this venture when possible.

Our general website, which only comprises a Home page and a synopsis of current activities at this stage, can be found at: http://www.pannellandpartners.co.uk

For specific enquiries regarding our new valve (tube) equipment service, please e-mail me at: david(at)earlytechnology(dot)co(dot)uk

With many sincere thanks,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2010 09:10 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bump!

--------------------
Dave.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 10, 2010 09:19 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't already considered it, it might be worth publicising your service to musicians, as there might still be some determined to get the 'valve sound' associated with some guitar amplifiers.

I wonder if any Forum members use projectors old enough to include valves?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 10, 2010 09:55 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
You should check out Newsensor.com if you haven't already.
They are one of the few remaining tube manufacturers left in the world.
Sovtek, Svetlana, EH, Sino, Reissue Mullards, etc.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2010 03:13 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks gentlemen. All comments appreciated.

However, I do have access to large stocks of valves (tubes) and all related valve components, so I don't expect obtaining spares to be a problem. I also, of course have all necessary test equipment and instrumentation, including the AVO valve tester, so all replacement valves can be checked before fitting or replacing.

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC