8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around) (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around)
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 01, 2014 04:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes...Welcome Nick [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2014 06:29 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you [Wink] Nice to be on this forum, already learned a lot!

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2014 12:51 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scene from Taxi Driver.

-

-

It looks like a 16mm projector.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 10:29 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Day of the Jackal had a small seqence with a projector in it

-

Anyone know what projector it is?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 08, 2014 03:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar...not sure, but could it be a Bell and Howell.

This Italian film "Shoeshine" received the first Foreign Academy Award in 1948...its very good. Not sure what the 35mm projector shown is, as the boys are watching a film show while they are serving time in prison.
 -
 -

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2014 04:48 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In an "Allo Allo' episode Flick and Helga are watching a 16mm silent on a SPECTO projector!

--------------------
Trevor

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 24, 2014 11:35 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In John Laguizamo's new one man show "Ghetto Klown" on HBO... he used a 16mm projector on stage so you get the feeling of watching images from his past. This is a very funny and at times poignant show. The projector looks like an Elmo 16-CL.

-

-

--------------------
Janice

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2014 06:52 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the Australian series "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" episode nine of season two, called "Framed For Murder", is set in the film business. In the end of the episode (set in 1928/29) they are showing the first "talkie" from "down under" on a decidedly modern portable 35MM projector.

-

-

Then there is a episode of the series "Heartbeat", season 11 episode 14, "From Ancient Grudge", where they use a projector to show films in a town hall.

-

-

-

-

-

The film they are going to show is "Doctor Zhivago", hence the mentioning of Omar Sharif in the subtitles.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 15, 2014 08:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic examples Lars... and great screen shots!

--------------------
Janice

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2014 01:12 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One from Hammer Films The Quatermass (E)Xperiment or The Creeping Unknown.

-

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 09, 2014 02:37 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son actually called me that he saw a projector while watching Mad Men on NetFlix [Smile] You can just see part of the old 16mm projector and a few films in mailing boxes in the book case.

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 23, 2014 02:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've now got my son on projector watch. He found another one on Mad Men last night [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 23, 2014 03:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No pictures, but we had a Laser Disc evening today and saw Popcorn with Dee Wallace Stone (1990 or 1991) ... About a cinema having a horror sci-fi festival. They find an old film of 35mm and this sets off some curse. Loads of reels and projectors

A cheap B movie, but still great fun

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 23, 2014 04:18 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK,

Just to change it up, how about one from a film that is available on Super-8? (It's where I first saw it.)

This is from Auto Cine(1967), a Pathe Pic which shows Rome's (then) brand new Drive-In Cinema.

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 23, 2014 06:13 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a projector, Steve [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 23, 2014 09:30 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep!

-They start looking big to me as soon as they don't have a handle on top of 'em!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2014 05:36 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back to The Ipcress File, later in the film Harry is being brainwashed (Supposedly by Russians) to kill his boss we (and he) see the projectors that were used to show the brainwashing images. They were the same model B&H machines as in the briefing. I wonder if that's what gave the game away to him that it was his own side that had him.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 03, 2014 02:56 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this projector in an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. From it's back it looks like a Bolex 18-5 to me...which is a silent machine. However by the miracle of TV ...there is sound. [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Confused]

Any other guesses on what this projector is?

-

--------------------
Janice

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2014 12:21 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched "People Like Us" on dvd in my cinema last night (hired from Lovefilm) long scene at the end where a home movie is shown using a Bell and Howell silent machine is used. Looks like a model 606 to me. Don't know if this has been mentioned before as I haven't trawled through the previous 17 pages of this topic. Ken Finch. [Smile]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2014 02:04 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can it really be over 2 years? Wow, so way back on page 12 I posted an index. It's time for an update!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 11, 2014 10:40 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time sure does fly Bill [Smile] You did a great job at indexing all these posts. It's fun to look back through them too, but the index is really helpful to avoid repeating. Looking forward to your updated list [Cool]

--------------------
Janice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 09:47 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Technicolor 1000 side-loading cartridge (Super 8?) projector in Super Bitch/Blue Movie Blackmail an Italian film (Pi Pou' Eassere Piu' Bastardi Dell' Ispettore Cliff?).

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 03:30 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a lot of filming and projecting on 16mm in the film "The Quiet Ones"(2014) from the legendary film production company Hammer Films.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2014 09:48 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure of the movie title I remember watching it this summer chong was having problems with his super 8 camera and was pulling all the film out of it.
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 25, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I knew what movie that was from Jim. I can just picture Tommy Chong fumbling with that film in the camera...very funny [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC