8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » [Calling] all Australian members please read....!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [Calling] all Australian members please read....!
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 27, 2010 08:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all Australian members,

When I was in Australia, the most reliable second hand listing was Trading Post (www.tradingpost.com.au).

Is this still the same now?

Do you have any suggestion other similar website with high readers?

ps: the reason I am asking this because during my 10 years service both in Australia and Fiji, I was a high Qantas frequent flyer. I achieved hundred thousands miles for that. Now, I am in Canada, there is no point to keep my FF due to the fact that all flights here are dominated by Air Canada which is not affiliated with Qantas nor OneWorld (its global alliance).

When I tried to "cash-in" my miles into gift card ... so pity it can only be used for all Australian companies/shops (and sent to Australian address too!). Luckily my sister still lives in Sydney and can take all the voucher but she cannot spend all gift cards (because it is too much).

Now I still have several gift cards that I have to re-sell (value more than $1G !!). I am thinking to give 10% discount of the face value. The gift card that I have now is from Myer (http://www.myer.com.au/) which can be used to buy Fashion, Toys, Electronic, Cameras, etc, etc.

Please note that this is not a discount voucher, but this is a gift card that has equal value to the real money. This can be combined with any offer that currently Myer has because practically you keep money in that card.

For more information about Myer Gift Card, please read this:

http://www.myer.com.au/cards_gift-cards.aspx

Because I am giving 10% discount of the face value, if Myer now has 30% discount offer, therefore you get 40% in total.

If you are interested you can email me at winbert at hotmail dot com and you can take in person from my sister in Sydney area.

I also still have few thousands miles that I can cash-in for another things like fuel (petrol), Woolworth, or anything you can see from here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/usingPoints/gift-vouchers

In this case, Gift Cards can be sent to your (any) Australian address at no cost.

Otherwise, information of other websites that can be used for re-sell the cards will be very much appreciated.

regards,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2010 10:30 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, ebay Australia would be the best place to sell them. There are many vouchers, tickets, cards etc for sale there. Trading Post has really struggled since ebay; they do not print their paper edition any longer.

Good luck.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 25, 2010 11:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot David.

yeah, I have placed my ad on tradingpost and no reply received. And when I tried to hunt 8mm, no ads shown, while eyars back there would be tens of listings. It seems that as you mentioned tradingpost had declined significantly.

I have visited ebay.com.au and found many Myer giftr cards offer.

To my surprise, that even some cards were bought more thatn the face value.

This is for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Coles-Myer-Group-Gift-Card-100-New-Voucher-Present-/310263604985?pt=AU_Vouchers&hash=item483d26e6f9

It is still running and already $103 for $100 card. What is the point to pay more?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2010 11:29 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, that seems crazy! I don't know why someone would pay over the face value. Maybe they don't live near a store and want it as a gift for somebody else???

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC