8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Pete Postlethwaite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pete Postlethwaite
Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 09:18 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is so sad to hear about the death of the actor Pete Postlethwaite after his long fight with cancer at the age of 64. He starred in films as diverse as "The Usual Suspects" and the excellent "Brassed Off". 2011 has not started very well. RIP.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 03, 2011 09:33 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Very sad. Many recent films benefited greatly from Mr. Postlethwaite, particularly Inception and Clash of the Titans.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 11:36 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to read this morning. Was watching The Town and thought he looked too skinny.

Alan Paterson
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 05:49 PM      Profile for Alan Paterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Likewise. I met him years ago in Shepperton Studios and found him to be very down to earth, straight talking and extremely likeable. All the other actors listened to him as he knew his craft. He had a great 1950's face. Pretty soon, all we'll have left are the kiddywinks who think they're big stars and no real character actor with experience.
Alan

--------------------
If God had meant us to run, we'd have been born with spikes in our feet.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC