8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Rise of the Planet of the Apes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 09, 2011 06:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have booked this film on its release out here on the 3rd August and of late have been running the various trailers that we have been sent. I must admit I was not that taken with the last Apes film but if the latest trailer is anything to go by it does look good.

I understand that Peter Jackson's Weta workshop has done the special effects along with Andy Serkis doing the motion-capture stuff of Caesar, also in the trailer was John Lithgow always a good actor.

Never a great fan of sequel this latest "Planet of the Apes" might be the exception'

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2011 08:28 AM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it will be a gorilla of a hit, and considering the masters of SFX Weta are doing the CGI, it will be a eye-ball feast, I liked the Tim Burton remake, but it did lack the thrill of the older movies, but we will have to see what the new one will be like.............

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 29, 2011 10:14 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and it looks like they are taking a different spin on the story, which is nice, if the trailers (shown on TV) are any idea of the story!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 29, 2011 03:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a few different trailer versions but the long one with John Lithgow in it is my pick. [Smile]

The movie starts this Wednesday I understand this country will be the first in the World [Wink] to screen it.

Graham.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 08:47 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the film looks good with an interesting cast but....I loved the orginal films, hated Burtons reimaging but admired fully the mechanical prosthesis make up of Rick Baker which was oscar winningly stuning, as such I feel the CGI motion capture on the new film will have what all CGI manages a stark coldness of clarity without tangible warmth. In other words give me real over artificial. CGI be damned.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 04, 2011 06:12 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We went to the movies tonight...my wife who usually takes a bit of pleasing when it comes to films realy enjoyed it [Big Grin] and so did I.

This film really captures you with first class effects, plus a good story line and a nice human touch by John Lithgow, excellent Scope print....put together last Tuesday by you know who [Cool]

So, switch of your big "TV" [Wink] and go to the movies "Planet of the Apes" is excellent entertainment and well worth the price of a movie ticket.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC