8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » GEEK!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GEEK!!!!!!
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2011 05:39 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife says im a geek now for spending to much time looking into anything super 8 [Smile] told her if that makes me a geek then she is Mrs geek as im gonna drag her to any meeting i can lol Do any of you guys suffer the same problem? Also told her she will be about the hottest geek around just to get her interested if you know what i mean [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2011 03:54 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William...I don't mind being in the GEEK club!

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Bill [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 18, 2011 01:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William, geeks rule! I seduced my wife by imitating the voice of Yoda, and now my 4 years old daughter is starting to quote Star Wars lines.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2011 10:31 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please tell your charming wife that you pursue Super 8 because ...

1. You have a taste for that which is lasting and not transitory.

2. You love something that is organic is a synthetic world.

3. The beauty of a good reel of film only reminds him of your own exquisite beauty and as film is costly, he could never put a price on you!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 12:37 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife already thinks I'm a geek for my comic book/toy/horror collections. She hates my 16mm and Super 8 projectors. I've gotten her to sit down with the kids and me only three times to watch films. "It's too loud!" I even bought Alice in Wonderland, The Sound of Music, and Singing in the Rain to try and win her over. Again, no luck. The kids like it, so that's going to have to be enough. We'll watch films while she plays on her Droid phone or IPad.

--------------------
Scott

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2011 07:59 AM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be one of the lucky ones, my girlfriend loves my old movies, and my projecters etc, must be the great tea and toast I make her each morning, or the subliminal advertising lol [Smile] anyway be proud to be a geek, we are the collectors of celluloid history !!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC