8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Independent 8 - Closed For Buisness Temporarily

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independent 8 - Closed For Buisness Temporarily
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 11:17 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to inform you that I will have to temporarily stop taking and processing orders, as my brother is very seriously Ill, and prospects do not look good, so you will all understand at this time I must concentrate on my family, and business will have to come second.

I will let you know when I will be back in the 8mm business, when I can.

I hope you can appreciate what I am going through at this time.

Thanking you in advance,

Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
barry, our thoughts will be with you and your family...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, best wishes to you and your family, you are doing the right thing, Del.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 11:39 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
barry,i wish all the better,a big hug to you.

luis caramelo

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2011 06:02 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Family should always be first. All the best.

--------------------
António C. Mota

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 26, 2011 08:27 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Barry. Your brother will be in my prayers.

PatD

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 27, 2011 12:18 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about the situation. Best wishes to you and your family.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2011 01:49 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear about your current situation,best wishes to you and your family.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2011 04:29 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for all the good wishes, I'm afraid the news is not good, and it's only days ahead for my brother, but I will be BACK.

I've had a couple of calls thinking we have ceased trading all together, so if everyone can be patient, when things have come to thier natural conclusion, and a suitable period of time has elapsed I will be back.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 07:40 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Friends,

I have some very sad personal news, my brave brother Terry lost his fight against Pancreatic Cancer this dinner time (1 p.m.), he suffered a week of pain I would not wish on anybody, but he suffered it with dignity and fight. He was admitted to a lovely caring Hospice for his last days, and they made sure his final hours were at least pain free. As you can guess I am personally bereft at this moment, but I hope to feel better in the coming days. Terry got really into my business when he was forced to take early retirement, and was interested in all aspects of it, even this last week he asked me if I had any orders to go out, I could not tell him that I had temporily had to close to look after him, he would not have liked that one bit.

I will get back into the 8mm saddle as soon as I can, but the family are now in the limbo period until the funeral, but once that comes, I'll assess my next move.

I thank you all for your patinece and understanding at this sad period in my life.

Barry.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 07:49 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our thoughts are with you and your family Barry.

David

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 08:43 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear the news. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 11:43 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

My deepest condolences on the loss of your brother; I hope the good memories will help a bit in easing you through these dark days.

All my best,
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 02:27 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Barry, my condolences, my father died from the same thing. I wish you and your family well.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear friend Barry,my condolences to you and all family,big
hug,.

luis caramelo

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 02, 2011 05:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's passing. My deepest sympathies to you and your family in this sad time.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 05:52 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry-I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know too well how it is to lose a family member.

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2011 04:10 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Barry

I am extremely saddened to hear of your loss and offer my sincere condolences at this most difficult time

Kindest Regards

Gary Brocklehurst

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 03, 2011 06:10 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear this, Barry. My condolences to you and your family.
-Mike

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2011 09:44 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for your loss Barry,Take care,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 03, 2011 01:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Brother and i are very sorry to hear of your Loss Barry,

Tom & Philip

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2011 01:35 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear the sad news about your brother,please pass on my condolences to the rest of your family.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2011 07:06 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sorry barry ill speak to you soon---tom

--------------------
t.smith

Stephen Iddon
Junior

- posted October 06, 2011 06:43 AM      Profile for Stephen Iddon   Email Stephen Iddon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,

Sorry to hear about your brother. Your right of course family comes first. getting some money together to place an order when you return.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2011 04:37 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
My thoughts are with you and your family.

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC