8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My 15 seconds of fame

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 15 seconds of fame
Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 12:52 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday my wife and I took the monorail to Seattle Center for the 50th anniversary celebration. This is where the 1962 Worlds Fair was held. I have a lot of home movie footage of the fair from 1962 so I wanted to shoot some 8mm film 50 years later. A local news cameraman saw my camera and got all excited and wanted to interview me. Here is a link to the story, I'm at about 1:40.

Monorail Memories

My wife was shooting pictures with our View-Master camera but she didn't want to be interviewed. Her grandfather shot View-Master reels when he went to the Fair in 1962.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 25, 2012 01:08 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Fifteen seconds but you certainly made them count Bryan,well
done.Now whenever Seattle is mentioned to me, I'm always
reminded of one of my favourite TV shows, "Frasier."

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was very cool, Bryan... thanks for sharing that!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 25, 2012 03:35 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awesome brian well done

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 25, 2012 06:00 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The right place at the right time Bryan...Great idea bringing your 8mm....well done!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 06:26 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Bryan...that looks like a fun place to be.

Bill [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 25, 2012 07:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan,

Terrific! I hope you and your wife were among the first 200 and got the medallion.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 09:29 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't get the medallion Doug. We got there for the first train at 8:30 but you had to take the 10:00 train to get it. We didn't feel like hanging around in line for 90 minutes. There was hardly anyone on the first train they were all back in line for the medallion.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 26, 2012 02:53 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was excellent Bryan, well done.

Graham. [Smile]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2012 09:51 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great Bryan!

When I'm out filming news, if I ever see anyone at an event with an 8mm camera, I'll be sure we get them on the programme! [Smile]

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2012 09:52 AM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrific.. ,being an Elvis fan ,I remember seeing "It happened at the Worlds Fair" and thinking how cool the mono rail was!

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2012 10:23 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin, I did shoot some 8mm film of the Elvis impersonator that was there.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2012 12:27 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Bryan. Hope your film turns out beautifully!

When I shot my last roll of Kodachrome at Disney's California Adventure, several people noticed and made enthusiastic comments, but no news coverage! It's nice though that people see the retro stuff as a good thing.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2012 01:33 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<<<simulated clapping smiley face inserted here>>>
15 seconds of fame is always fun...may there be many more.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2012 03:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we want to see the end result now Bryan so I hope you can do flicker-free transfers!!!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2012 10:21 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I will try to at least get some screen shots. I do plan to telecine the film eventually. I would like to get some more shots this summer when the place looks a little more lively with people and the trees aren't so bare. They have a lot of construction going on there right now, probably in preparation for more 50th anniversary celebrations this summer.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC