8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Want to say hi!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to say hi!
Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 06:15 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I'm new to this forum and want to say hi to you all! I've just started on this hobby (again in a way) and found this forum, I like how it seems more serious than most forums out there, and I have found answers to most my questions searching trough the forums, so yet my only reason I'm posting this now is to say hi [Smile]

I have had a Bolex SM 80 electronic a few years now, both works and looks like new!

And now I have bought a Singer Instaload 2200 series 16mm
Guess its no problem rewiring that to 230v?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 06:35 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thor, welcome to the Forum! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 06:54 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot for that!

I have a few cartoons on 8mm, but I'm rely short on films yet, my wish list for now is:
Clash of the Titans on 8mm
Terence Hill and Bud Spencer films on 16mm

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 07:19 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thor, and welcome to a fellow Scandinavian (I am Danish.)

You are well on your way to the same deep debt and complications we all face in this hobby, but you know, it's worth it [Smile]

Once you roll a film, all comes clear...glad to have you on-board.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 07:42 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

I've seen complications before, it didn't stop me:p when i was 13 or something, i tried watching film without an takeup reel...
Now i'm 21 and wont be doing that again [Wink]

Edit: thats was because I didn't have a takeup reel, just so you know. [Razz]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 08, 2012 08:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COOOOOOL name .... THOR!

... and no promises on this forum being serious! We're only serious when we need to be! Welcome!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2012 09:55 AM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, well its one of the most used names in Norway:)
Not serious as in no jokes allowed:p but allot of you seem to rely know what you are talking about.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2012 07:51 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum, Thor! Love that name, buddy.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2012 09:14 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Velkommen, Thor, godt å ha fleire nordmenn på plass! ;-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2012 09:47 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair Warning Thor: Digital talk instead of Film will mean that the closest member to you here will make you sit on a Hot Projector Lamp! [Eek!]
Welcome!

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2012 11:12 AM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 13, 2012 11:23 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thor shall swing his mighty hammer! Welcome ye, to thy forum!
[Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 14, 2012 01:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thor ... cool name! You can't help but be considered manly with a name like Thor ...

... a lot better than Melvin.

(I apologize ahead of time to all the Melvin's and they're masculinity!) [Smile]

--------------------

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2012 12:01 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thor is definitely a cooler sounding name than Osi! [Razz]
*Spanks Osi with reel 1 of "Grizzly Adams" in LPP Low-Fade Super 8mm Optical Sound* Hmmm... make that on AGFA stock instead, because when it was printed LPP stock had not come into use yet... [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 15, 2012 01:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the prints of that film that I'm looking for were on eastman film stock ... so while I would like to find a perfect color print, I probably won't, but I'm hoping for at least decent color ...

well, OSI isn't that "un-cool'! It's easier than my full name ...

"Kevin Shawn Sparrowhawk OSI Thorton Osgood" [Razz]

And of course, welcome, welcome and double welcome again!

--------------------

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2012 09:10 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now sparrowhawk sounds like a character that Mr. Adams knew. So that explains the connection between you and the film [Wink]
Just kidding of course [Smile]

--------------------

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2012 07:36 AM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!

I didn't know that Thor was such a cool name x)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC