8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » ‘Top 10 Favorite Films of 2011′

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ‘Top 10 Favorite Films of 2011′
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2012 05:59 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another day another list. I did not see every film last year so this list could be flexible. Also as with my last list this is my favorite films not the best. One thing I am going to say is that I am sad that no animated films made it to this list which is rather said. Pixar made its worst film ever this year and I was not a fan. Rango was good but I not as good as other film. Enjoy!

http://fitzgeraldgrant.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/top-10-favorite-films-of-2011%E2%80%B2-post-17/

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 28, 2012 01:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This would make a very hard list, as I rarely see any films that really ring my bell these days, but one pick from last year (I think it was last year) that I was fond of was Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", also, ( I think it was from two years ago), Clint Eastwoods last "rite of passage" film, "Gran Torino".

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 28, 2012 02:07 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] none [Eek!]

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2012 09:13 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Alic was at least two years ago and Gran Torino at least 2 as well.

You didn't like any Pasquale?

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 29, 2012 03:13 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never saw a single one.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 29, 2012 07:20 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant

I don't have any favorites [Confused]

Pat

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2012 07:56 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top 3 for 2011:

1. "The Artist"
2. "Super 8"
3. "Tangled" (2010 in US, 2011 in Norway)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 29, 2012 08:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always behind the times.

If you count by how many times I have actually went to the theater to actually see a film, well, the last time, was "Revenge of the SITH" (gasp!), a hey, I now have it on super 8!

I hate being in an audience of cell phone junkies and screaming brats!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2012 10:01 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time you travel west my way, Osi, I'll break out of my living room too and take you to Arclight, where movies are an event and you can get kicked out for abusing the cell phone.

But they're too $$ so I go only very rarely. We're actually almost in killing distance of a decent $3 second run theater and that's where we end up more often, although that's still not frequent.

Many years the Oscars' picks are of little interest to me, but the 2011 releases have proved to be an exception and made for a greater-than-normal interest level.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 29, 2012 02:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although some of the 2011 releases did not make out here until the start of this year I watched the following at the cinema and thought they were very good.

1...Super8...well with that name it has to be top of the list [Big Grin]
2...Hugo in 3D this was impressive in 3D, well made by Martin Scorsese.
3...The Artist.....brilliant
4...The Iron Lady...Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher I thought her acting was Oscar material, I was right.
5...Extremly Loud and Incredibly Close, I took a chance going to the movies with this one and was not disapointed, amazing acting by a very young actor...very impressive.

So thats my cinema outings.

Graham. [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 29, 2012 02:48 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooops....I lied. I thought Super 8 was the year before.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 30, 2012 02:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me it will have to be The Artist which I went to see a number of times.
My week with Marylin I eventually got to see on DVD and loved that.
Super 8 will have to be included just because it’s called Super 8.
Other than these films I don’t recall much else to shout about apart from the appalling digital live presentation for Phantom on the Opera.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 30, 2012 08:48 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought there were a number of good films last year. The Artist, Hugo and War Horse come to mind, however little gems like A Better Life, 50/50, The Guard and Attack the Block also stand out.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC