8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » GOLDFINGER $900 EBAY SALE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOLDFINGER $900 EBAY SALE
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 08:32 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
record sale for GOLDFINGER! Long live super 8mm film sales!! Who's your Daddy!!Hey I'm very excited that classic films other then Star Wars can get high bids . I felt bad selling it and needed the money for my Leagues Film and 16mm projector . I also bought a Peter Pan feature. I was really surprised that my MAGIC SWORD only got a bid for $29.95??? I did not sell it the reserve was $200 what I paid for her.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 24, 2013 02:00 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Laksmi! Well done.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 03:36 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the sale, Laksmi!

Is "THE MAGIC SWORD" rare? Not to be rude, but otherwise I'd find 400 bucks for a red print a bit steep.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 08:15 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must have bought my Goldfinger Derann print at a good time. Five years ago..for less than 200 dollars. lovely print.

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 12:21 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there just wouldn't be enough people interested in 1 title but at the price some of these used prints go for it seems like it could almost support the release of a new feature film

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 01:41 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Christian the MAGIC SWORD is at a high price but I do take offers. I didn't want to really sell GOLDFINGER so I put a high reserve and you never know. You have it priced big to start out but you can work with people. And it is a rare film to me that I can not find it on low fade stock . So anyway I will keep it till I find a better one but I won't give it away. It was the first feature I ever bought. I guess it is I'm sentimental about it

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 04:45 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well then you have very valid reasons [Smile] I feel the same way about my "Bonnie Scotland" feature with Laurel & Hardy [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 05:24 PM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching that auction. CRAZY! Guess I won't be adding any 007 to my collection any time soon lol!

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 06:08 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I’m holding onto my print of Goldfinger as my print is from the first run of prints (print No 2) which is on Kodak LPP stock. It also has a different cover and art work which i am sure everyone knows about.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 10:24 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert can we see your cover art for your Goldfinger. And did you read my review yet? I have a press kit for Bond films.If you ever want to sell it let me know. He He [Smile]  -

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 11:21 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Laksmi!
Look what you started!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDFINGER-Super-8-color-feature-/190792751325?pt=US_Film&hash=item2c6c2258dd

[Smile]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 01:39 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That looks like the print that Laksmi jus sold! [Eek!]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2013 02:03 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Pat you are right you sold it to me and I resold it to this guy on eBay. Now he is selling it again ?? [Eek!] Well at least I kept it for a much longer time. I needed to buy my 16mm 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea plus a PETER PAN super 8 feature and a few other films or I would never had parted with it.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 13, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that puzzling me is he re-offer that print only a month after he bought from you Lakshmi...and at cheaper price!

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2013 08:17 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I know he wrote me this back Winbert "Dear godesslaksmi,

I'm selling it because I would like to pay some bills that showed up. If it doesn't get sold by $850 I am bumping the price up... Never down.. I like the movie and would love to keep it. My projector also takes smaller reels and the one that works with bigger ones the motor stopped working a few days ago, and I'm on the look for one. I don't take payments unless is Paypal. And I don't know how to do that. But if you want to return my payment in time I can hold it for you and take it out from auction. You pay as you can preferably in 2 months. Once the last payment is done Ill send it. If you know how to do it through PayPal let me know." Anyway I might buy it back I have to see how my money is . I just bought 2 Disney films Peter Pan and 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea Super 8 and 16mm feature.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC