8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My Break Away (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: My Break Away
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2013 11:24 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im coming to the USA tomorrow for about 4 weeks for a holiday, Im going to be staying with a friend in CT after spending several days in LA, One thing I am looking forward to is going to Cinevent, do any of you US based guys go?, I hope to grab some films while im away.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 15, 2013 12:07 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat are you going to visit the "Queen Mary"? [Cool] if so hope you are taking a digital camera with you....expect plenty of photos...have fun.

Graham. [Smile]

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2013 01:03 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I would like to go and have a look at the Queen aka Titanic aka Poseidon etc etc

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 15, 2013 01:26 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great trip Patrick!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2013 06:31 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I and my family go to Cinevent every year. I haven't missed one since I started going back in 72. A great convention with tons of film, books, posters...you name it. Lots of fun and all day and most of the night screenings, too.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 15, 2013 08:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, we'll see you there - Shorty - Bring 8mm

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 15, 2013 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick ...

If you, in your four weeks, have a chance to swing around to Idaho, you are welcome to a night of films and great Omelettes, (you haven't lived until you've had an OSI Omelette!), and I'd love to screen some films for ya!

If your able to make it, you would need to fly into Boise Idaho, let me know when you'd arrive, and I'll drive over there and pick you up! Your welcome to stay the night at our house or a little bed and breakfast just two blocks from our house.

Invite is Genuine and I hope that you can make it!

Sincerely

OSI, Steph, Devin and little Heather Haily marie Osgood!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 19, 2013 05:32 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way folks I just finished listening to Patrick Walsh on L.A radio talk back tonight with presenter Jack Marino, runs for 50 minutes and its very good....well done Pat.

I cant link it to the forum but if someone can, that would be great [Smile] I am sure you would find it of interest.

Graham.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 19, 2013 08:52 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick's May 17th interview can be heard on LA Talk Radio's website. I'm looking forward to meeting Pat in a few weeks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 19, 2013 11:37 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why, where are YOU going?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 19, 2013 11:45 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got to say Osi,what a very kind gesture you made to Patrick,
lovely in fact.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 19, 2013 07:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,

Pat will be coming in to NYC. As soon as we arrange the date, I'll let you and the east coast gang know.

Doug

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 19, 2013 10:47 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there ever any conventions out here on the West Coast?

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 11:37 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies, im now in Manchester CT staying with a friend and we are both leaving for Cinevent on Wed.
Hope to go down to NYC maybe later next week, I will drop you a email Doug.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 20, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, offer still stands firm! We'd love to see ya, (and make yummy omelettes! Or do you prefer pizza?!)

OSI

P.S. If you would like to come, please send me an e-mail

toac2001@hotmail.com

... and I will look out for it AND write you right back with our phone number! as I said, we'd LOVE to have ya!

Sincerely

The Osgood Clan!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 03:39 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi
Would love to but it will have to be next time im afraid.
Pat

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 04, 2013 09:37 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So.....how is Pat getting on in the "big apple"? [Smile] ....photo's please [Cool] [Wink]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 05, 2013 03:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick came in for a visit on Saturday. To get a perspective on the scope of NYC we went to the Empire State Building.

-

-

It was quite a different experience for Pat since New York City alone has over twice the population of New Zealand!

-

-

We waited patiently but did not catch a glimpse of Q The Winged Serpent hanging out in the Chrysler Building.

After a few more sights I showed Patrick the famous local attraction known as "The Closet O' Film".

-

John Capazzo came up and the screening was underway!

-

Pat is holding Konga, currently the cutdown of choice for many Forum members.

It was terrific meeting Patrick. I hope to take him up on his invitation to visit his part of the globe.

Doug

[ June 05, 2013, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2013 03:26 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug for posting those pics and for letting me drop in and visit, nice to meet John also! [Big Grin]
An amazing city and I will be back sometime in the future!

--------------------

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2013 01:07 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...Where does one find one of those very cool "Blackhawk Films" shirts?

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I want one too!!
RS [Cool]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 12:41 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't have mine, Jay Schwartz has them

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 06, 2013 03:31 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee and Roger,

As Shorty said, the Blackhawk shirts may be ordered from Jay Schwartz (jschwart at voicenet.com).

Doug

--------------------

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2013 05:55 AM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug. I've sent an inquiry to Jay.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 12:01 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Empire State building might be something, but...."The Closet O' Film" [Cool] is even more impressive. [Smile]

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC