8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The things you buy in the middle of the night!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The things you buy in the middle of the night!
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2013 05:21 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dust has settled,we are definitely not moving house.To celebrate(?)I just bought a Bauer T610 from an eBayer in Germany!
Looks good,and if it is-I'll flick off my NIB GS800 and ST1200 mag/opt.;-)Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2013 06:55 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Trevor! (Not that you ever really went away)!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 29, 2013 09:55 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You made the right decision Trevor. I had to rethink things myself. Once you get here it is hard to leave!

PatD

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 30, 2013 09:37 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Trev! Great to see you posting here again and to hear that you are back into cine again. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2013 11:00 AM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Trevor - Best of luck

Jon

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2013 05:34 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chaps!The Bauer turned up today.In good cond.Nice steady picture and clear sound.A bit of a hummmmm.And a loud klunk when power turned off. I've got it set at 240v as NZ is 230v. [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 17, 2013 09:50 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I write, my Bauer 520 Duoplay is alongside me on my projector stand.

You refer to hum. With the volume slider at 0 there is no hum at all from its speaker. There is a gentle mains hum from its innards. With the volume increased to normal level there is slight hum from the speaker, but nothing untowards.

Agreed that there is a click when switched off, but most projectors seem to do this.

Do you think there is a fault with your projector?

--------------------
Maurice

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2013 04:36 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Maurice-I think it is ticking along very nicely!The hum is as you describe and most electrical gadgets I have "CLICK!" off [Smile]
The Bauer really is a "lounge lizard",quiet and smooth.I had "When the North Wind Blows" as a five foot wide picture-sharp as a tack.

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC