8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 03:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure most members will be aware of Bristol's Aardman Animation's Wallace & Gromit. For many years the pair have been responsible for their "Grand Appeal". So far it has raised £21million. It is the only charity fund raising exclusively for the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and St. Michaels Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Bristol.)

A few weeks ago 80 five-foot high Gromit's made their appearance around Bristol (one at Paddington Station), each specially decorated on behalf of their sponsor. Even Pixar has produced a Buzz Lightyear Gromit!

Later in the year they will all be auctioned off to add funds to the pair's appeal.

Click on the link to see Gromits, and more Gromits.

http://rachel4848.wordpress.com/tag/gromit-unleashed/

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 04:50 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
He is also the leader of the Labour Party is our Gromit.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 08:49 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh
I assume there is a joke there somewhere.

--------------------
Maurice

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 01:07 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It was pointed out in "Have I Got News For You" Maurice, and
even mentioned on a news item last week.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 01:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember how INCREDIBLY sad I was to hear that the studio that Aardman animation used to have burned down and nearly all of they're extensive archives were destroyed in that fire ... tragic!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
It wasn't Aardman's studio that burnt down, it was a warehouse facility where a lot of their stored material was housed.

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 16, 2013 12:59 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, still, a very sad loss!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 17, 2013 05:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two of the Bristol Gromit's got vandalised, one having his ears broken off. I see on BBC West News today that they have both been repaired and are now back on display.
What hooligans would desecrate such fund raising, and so enjoyable, statues?

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 03, 2014 02:40 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was announced today that the appeal has smashed its target of £3.5M.
In eighteen months the total was £3.8M made up by £2.3M for the auction of the 92 Gromit statues, and £1.5M from ongoing fundraising events.
The support includes the funding of state-of-the-art equipment such as an MRI scanner, which enables scans to be done during an operation and is set to revolutionise brain surgery for babies and children.

--------------------
Maurice

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2014 02:53 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice I must remember to bring my wheel clamps with me next time I'm down from Liverpool !!!

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 03, 2014 07:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice that Maurice and pleased things are going well.

Hugh and talking of the Labour party if I see Farage on TV once more this week or we have another debate the thing is going to the tip!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC