8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » BFCC Car Park (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: BFCC Car Park
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 10:26 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you will be entering the Post Code for the next BFCC Convention's car park into a Route Finder, please note that the Convention's web-site gives an incorrect Post Code.

The correct Post Code is W5 2DZ. As you will see this is a typo error for the last digit/letter.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 02:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you could point me to where I typed it in wrong Maurice and then I could put it right. I believe the car park has a different post code to the actual school which isn't unusual.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 06:07 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
The address for the School's car park in Marshwood Crescent is shown on the site as W5 2D2.
As I said above, the last digit/letter is incorrect.
The correct Post Code is W5 2DZ.
This is not the school itself which is quoted as W5 2ES.

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 07:08 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice, on another thread someone said this will be the last BFCC, is that true? Never attended one myself, just wondered what was happening.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 08:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Clancy will be the person to answer this, Robert.

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 09:12 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tried to find out online, when I Googled BFCC it came up with British Federation for Correspondence Chess. [Big Grin]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 09:44 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yer, tis:-
http://www.bfcc.biz/index.html

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 09:59 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice, have to wait for John Clancy to say something as their is no mention of it being the final on the website.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 04:15 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't see where the post code is stated so unless someone can point me to it or I finally spot it then we're stuck with it I'm afraid. Remember it's a massive web site I've compiled over the years even though I have so little time to spend on it.

It is my opinion this will be the last BFCC but it's up to Mr. Wilton. I've made my thoughts clear and we discuss things regularly. We've had a good run and it's been exciting over these many years but we all have to face the fact that there are very few of us enthusiasts left now. Dealers have less to sell (though you wouldn't know that from the last BFCC!) and many people cannot afford to spend money on petrol here in the UK for anything other than vital requirements. Also, a lot of collectors are quite old now and it seems that as many of us don't like to travel much. There are a lot of factors but I'd like the convention to go out whilst on top and be remembered for what it was. It would be great to go out with one of our really spectacular shows but given the distance I live now and the investment I have to put in just to get us and our equipment there it's too much to do anything other than the basics really. To have a THX sync' pulse show now would add another two or three hundred pounds on top of what I already put in. Sadly those days are gone.

Having said all the above it would be wonderful to see everyone in October so I hope enough of us make the effort.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 04:46 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
Go to the page for the 62nd BFCC. It contains three pictures. The top one shows the "cinema" with the projectors set up; the pic has two red bands, top and bottom.
Go to the bottom red band, this containing details of the Car Park and the typo error of the Post Code.

--------------------
Maurice

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 02:19 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That explains why I couldn't find it. Sorry folks that's Keith flyer so not something I have control over.

I'll send him an email to say there's an error on it and hopefully he'll still have all the masters to put it right. Perhaps then I can get a corrected one up on the site.

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 05, 2013 08:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that the Post Code for the Car Park has now been corrected.

--------------------
Maurice

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 03:45 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note chaps - we had never been to the school before the convention last year so we used a map to navigate our way there. The map took us right up to the gate.

It took Keith quite some time yesterday to find his files for the flyer but he got there in the end. I put it up on the web site about lunchtime but really the easy solution would have been to just take it down. I didn't think it was worth posting on here that I'd put a new flyer up as we had all been made aware of the post code error.

--------------------

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 04:12 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All
I read John Clancy`s comments about this years probably being the the last BFCC and thought that it was a somewhat negative statement. As John says " it is up to Kieth Wilton, when to pull the plug, and even suggesting that the event will terminate this year, will not encourage those collectors who were contemplating the journey,some traveling a lot further than John to this event.
It is not about "how to out-do last years event" or "going out on a high". This is about a group of people (albeit getting old like myself) who thoroughly enjoy the day, enjoy browsing the dealers tables together with the rummage through Patrick`s bring and buy table.
Yes, the numbers may be decreasing, yes the admission charge may have to increase,but we will still attend! BE POSITIVE PLEASE!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 20, 2013 05:37 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will attend this event for the first time this year. I cannot be disappointed as I will combine it with a visit of London where I haven't been for years. Saddly the number of sellers decreases in many conventions as it seems that they prefer to sell via ebay or their own website. I also buy from Internet but I prefer to see (and try) what I buy. Also, you may see something you were not aware that is available (so you wouldn't have search on the net). And of course, you save post costs (which can be high, even sometimes for light things) and risks. This is without mentionning that when you like the cine world, you find yourself for a day or two in a Ali Baba's cave.

--------------------
Dominique

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 02:54 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your opinion David. An opinion you should have kept to yourself.

I will no longer contribute to this thread.

--------------------

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 06:22 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear! I was under the impression that the object of the forum was to exchange comment and opinion, but it would seem that comment should only be made if in agreement with others!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 22, 2013 08:46 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

While John's reply was brusque, please note your comment took John to task for for being negative. John Clancy is the long time co-organizer of the BFCC with Keith Wilton and he is in a unique position to know whether the British Film Collectors Convention is viable to continue or not. Aside from Keith, no one has spent more time, energy and money than John on keeping the BFCC going, so please understand his reaction.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 10:12 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug.
As a keen supporter of the BFCC since 1977,having missed only one BFCC event since it`s days at Holborn Library, I feel justified in any constructive comment, promoting this great event. It was not my intention to accuse John for being negative,(I am aware of his contributions over recent years) but I felt that his comment about this POSSIBLY being the last BFCC should have come JOINTLY from him and Keith, if indeed it had to be made at all. I believe any film event in the present climate will be subject to diminishing numbers in attendance, so let us support the events we have!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 22, 2013 05:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Then I'll see you at the BFCC in October? I'll be coming over!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2013 04:03 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,
Look forward to meeting you there.
Safe trip.

David

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2013 08:02 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the good new of the day, Doug !

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 23, 2013 08:27 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug's going to have a busy October! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 02, 2013 01:33 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could anyone give me the name of the street of the school and the postcode. I am trying to find it in a A to Z.

--------------------
Dominique

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 02:23 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, the website of the school gives the address as :

St. Benedict's School,
54 Eaton Rise, London W5 2ES

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC