8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Music Videos are Out!!!! (YAY!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Music Videos are Out!!!! (YAY!)
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 03, 2013 01:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to release the music videos today! Here's a link to my favorite of all four ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GZq6RFU40

and the other three are on my page as well.

Before anybody says it, yep, I'm not playing my guitar. I found that even if I was strumming it, I would get off sync when I was filming the video, so I simply fake it (not all that uncommon in videos, even from the big artists).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 04:02 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here, this one is a very good track...

http://cxandtheretroexperience.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-wind

Well done Osi. Maybe once you get the albums on sale you'll start raking it in and we'll see you over here at the BFCC.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 08:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raking it in is not important. At least making enought to make a few dreams come true, yes, that would be nice.

In the meantime, here's links to the other videos ...

In The Wind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSD2rdYkTRE

RAINFALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQmQZ2zmq4

Quiet Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHB7DnZjyw

The strange and irritating thing is that, while you can look at one, the You Tube search engine doesn't automatically bring up on the right hand side, your other videos all the time, sometimes never.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 12:45 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The strange and irritating thing is that, while you can look at one, the You Tube search engine doesn't automatically bring up on the right hand side, your other videos all the time, sometimes never.
Osi,
that happens eventually only after you've been hit on a frequent basis.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 03:45 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. I like 'Rainfall' and 'Quiet Time' of the four mentioned here. Congratulations Osi! [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 05, 2013 01:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get this response on one of my music videos ...

"You need to get some singing lessons"

Well, my voice may not be the absolute best out there, but it's a damned site better than quite a few singers I've heard out there, and not holding up too bad for a 48 year old.

Though, if you put your music out there for public consumption, you have to expect that, eh?

--------------------

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 01:37 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore them Osi, there are some strange people out there; they make these comments to deliberately hurt people. I can't understand people listening to Rap music, the people who like this probably consider it singing.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, don't let those guys bring you down. Most people who criticize others expect perfection from others but never from themselves, they are generally big time slackers themselves. You just keep going.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 05, 2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Robert Osi, there is no justification for some of the
things people say on Facebook etc, they are just trying to be hurtful, pay them no mind,get on with the task of playing your music. I can't consider Rap as music,it's usually a monotone rant,
but some folks like it,there's enough room for everybody's taste
out there so give it your best shot young fella mi' lad.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 03:39 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People who achieve something always get jealousy from people who have not done anything.

I will find that stupid comment and add my own which will be favourable and not idiotic.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 12:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThanX 4 the support but don't worry, I wasn't about to cry my eyes out over it. You have to be pretty tough skinned to put yourself out there in the first place.

Gad! It's a good thing I will be releasing the two DVD collections of these videos in the future. The audio quality and especially the image quality really sucks on you tube.

These were shot at 720p Hi def.

Now, the videos loaded up on you tube were only 500 lines of resolution (or so), but you'd never know it looking at the videos!

Of course, when released on DVD, the full 720p will be represented, as well as much better audio. When I did the videos, I saved them both as the lower resolution version (used for you tube) and at the highest resolution, 1080p, and that will be used for the DVD.

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 11:00 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some thoughts from a friend:

Please lose the audio trickery. The nonstop echos, and overdubs are doing you no favors. I found them very annoying. They have their place but not for the music style you use.

While the "singing lessons" comment was kinda jerky, he had a point. You could use some. Your voice as is is OK but I found myself wondering how much better it could be with lessons.

Singing lessons are something even professionals partake in.

Example: Frank Sinatra and Elvis both took singing lessons, even after they hit it big.

You are good but you could be better.

I want you to succeed. You are off to a good start! I'll keep watching and cheering you on! [Smile]

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 07, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, "Wilding Whispered Entertainment" might better be named, "Poverty Row Records", as, I'm doing the best with what I have and if I would be able to luck into a record label, I'm sure that they would suggest vocal coaches (and insist), but I have absolutely no money for pricey frills like that.

I did try "U Don't have 2 Run" without the echo's vocals, and found it sounded much better with them. It's always a hard thing coming up with the exact right sound for a song.

You'd be surprised as to what goes into it!

I tend to go three rooms away from the music and listen to it. Sometimes the vocal will sound like it's just right, right there at the mixing board, but then I go three rooms away (two rooms doesn't do it, oddly enough), and the vocal will sound a little too strong. Fun stuff that mixing.

ThanX 4 the advice though Tom, glad to hear from you. Did you listen to the other four music videos?

By the way, I will be premiering one more music video tomorrow, (will put up the link here tomorrow), but it's one I'm not too sure about.

Don't get me wrong, I love that garage rock crappy sound, (well, it's crappy, but magnificent! Terrible mixing, wonderful art), but I'm such a cornball nice guy, that to act like some sex machine in a music video, well, I hope it comes off well, (and doesn't get taken off by some You Tube Censors).

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 07, 2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, just a thought, type in "Budgie TV series" on YouTube,
go to "Cold Turkey, Nobody's Fool", this would suit your timbre
of voice I think, and would make a nice cover version of a great
song no longer heard.
As a PS, Osi, I don't sub to any of these outlets for downloads etc,
but would like to purchase your Albums on CD, OR DVD if possible.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2013 05:10 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did watch all four videos!

"Rainfall" was my favorite. I love slow, zen like songs! [Smile]

Overall, there is some good stuff in here. I would be happy to buy your music when funds are available of course!

Your videos are moody and atmospheric. Good job on that!

Keep 'em coming!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 08, 2013 12:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright folks! Here is a link to that new music video, "I'M A LOSER"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIjUL6ZGdbk

NOTE: If you are of a nature that's not into "ribald" sexuality, please avoid this video, as the lyrics certainly border on an "R" rating, but hey, since when was ROCK ever purile?

This is my tribute to all those 60's garage rock bands and, from what one friend told me, (though I didn't think of it as I was recording it), a tip of the hat to the "Rolling Stones" in the vocalization.

The funny thing, Tom, is that I'm with you, I do think I'm at my best with the soft stuff, but I also love that old school raunch.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 21, 2013 09:29 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

That's a really nice collection of videos you've put out. The static camera and long takes work in your favor, allowing the listener/viewer to concentrate on the songs.

Quiet Time has strong earworm potential. (I wish that phrase sounded as positive as I meant it!) Nice arrangements on all and I like the Spirit in the Sky type guitar sound in I'm A Loser.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 21, 2013 12:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! You caught that! (The first to catch that, but then, not too many people , unless they are of a certain age, would even know about "Spirit In The Sky", good old Greenbaum!)

That, and I was attempting to capture that 60's "blues rock" sound of groups like CREAM.

As for stationary camera, I'm kind of stuck with that for the moment, though I will hire you at a moments notice if I can get this to take off, as there are a few videos to be shot in the future that will need a crane as well as a steadycam!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC