8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Anamorphic lens for my Euming S940

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anamorphic lens for my Euming S940
Garry Robert Duffield
Junior

- posted August 29, 2013 03:10 AM      Profile for Garry Robert Duffield   Email Garry Robert Duffield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering if the Isco Gottingen Cinelox Anamorphic MC 2X Schneider 90m f/2 Lens will be OK for screening cinemascope films on my S940.
You can post or email me on garry.duffield@bydeluxe.com.au
I've only got till tommorrow to obtain it.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 03:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this is the item, it is for a 35mm cinema projector and would probably not be suitable for your requirements.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCO-GOTTINGEN-CINELUX-ANAMORPHIC-MC-2X-Schneider-90m-f-2-Projector-Lens-/321191628775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac8834fe7

--------------------
Maurice

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2013 04:00 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gary, if you refer to the Ebay offering: yes you can use it but it is not ideal. As you can clearly see on the pictures: the back element is, a 90mm Schneider lens, which is screwed onto an Isco anamorphic attachment. The 90mm will be useless for you, but the anamorphic attachment will do the job. However this is one big heavy lens and you will have to find a way to place it in front of your machine. You may also experience some vignetting when using your zoom lens at its wider setting. For super 8 scope projection, I find the 16mm scope lenses far more ideal. They are more compact allowing for easier installation and are more flexible allowing for a wider angle of projection without vignetting.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 06:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Garry
Most scope lenses will probably actually work, but you have to consider how they are to be installed. The two that you have mentioned are very large and obviously quite heavy, therefore you will need some form of very sturdy bracket or something similar to support the lens in front of your prime lens.

Look for a much smaller and compact lens which will be more easy to connect in some way with your Eumig.

--------------------
Maurice

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2015 11:05 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we have now developed a lens adaptor for Anamorphic lenses for the Eumig 9xx serie.

-

see: http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0063.html?_globalsearch=pp-0063

Note, because we make it using 3D printing, it is relatively easy to create adaptors for other lenzes/projectors. If you have a specific need, please let me know.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 24, 2015 11:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, I have two Eumig projectors for which that accessory would fit.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 24, 2015 12:31 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the Van Eck bracket made of metal or plastic?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 24, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The web-site says it's nylon.
http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0063.html?_globalsearch=pp-0063

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 25, 2015 02:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Maurice, all these 3D printed parts have to made from some kind of acrylic. No metal 3D printers yet. Just CNC machines.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC