8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Where, when and what was playing at your very first Cinema experience? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where, when and what was playing at your very first Cinema experience?
Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2014 04:49 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My earliest memory at the movies was in 1974, I was 6 years old, HERBIE RIDES AGAIN at the local mall cinema (4 screens) that is no longer there.

And in the mall outside the theatre surrounded by red velvet rope was...HERBIE The real thing! I can still remember walking around that car and talking to him!

It really made an impression on me. Great movie too!

Bill [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 04:39 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My earliest memory is from the mid fifties,being five or six years old,of Gene Kelly fencing Saul Gorss' pants down,in THE THREE MUSKETEERS.Only fifty years later I would become the proud owner of a gorgeous 8mm print!

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 04:53 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My oldest movie going-related memory dates back to 1975: I was 5 and I had already been taken to circus shows a few times, although, for some reason, I knew there was something called "cinema" I hadn't experienced yet; in fact I kept asking what it was and the only answer I used to get was that is consisted in a darkened place where I might be scared. At some point that year my parents resolved to let me try the "thril of a cinema going experience; the film was a live-action free adaptation of Little Red Riding Hood which I really recall next to nothing about. But at the end of the show, my father, who had worked as an assistant projectionist when he was very young, asked the staff of that cinema to be allowed to visit the boot and of course he took me with him. That was my first "close encounter" with a 35 mm projector, and truly amazed me. A year later, when at school, we had regular monthly screenings of cartoons on 16 mm: needless to say I used to sit very close to the "beast" and challenge the operator with never ending questions but he never got upset for this. Also my first school year coincided with my first out-of-family birthday party; a class mate of mine, named Filippo who lived just a few hundreds meters away from my home, had this party and... he had a toy projector "Cinemax K 6" (the same as mine) with plenty of 60 m digests and he screened several Tarzans, Zorro's and Westerns during that party. And perhaps this memory is even more important as regards our hobby, than the other ones.

From those moments onward I have never stopped buying new films, projectors and cameras, shooting film (which is my primary interest), editing etc. It's probably one of the very few consistent interests throughout my life. And something I could hardly do without.

--------------------
Maurizio

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 05:03 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1978 Jaws playing in our living room back in Northern Ireland with all local kids round to watch it. A movie that i love to this day because of the memories of a great night we had there was a bunch of freaked out kids never to put foot in the sea again [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC