8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » "Hi" from an old friend of yours.....Jan Bister

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Hi" from an old friend of yours.....Jan Bister
Dimitris Mpakirtzis
Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Dimitris Mpakirtzis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
copy - paste the email I have received. A wrong click and you have a "Hi" from Jan Bister [Smile]

Hi Dimitris,

it seems you e-mailed the wrong person...At first I thought your mail was spam until I decided to look at the forum links ;-) but I'm not Alan :-)

Haven't been on the 8mm forums in a long, long time...but I'm familiar with the Bauer T610, AND it so happens I speak both German and English fluently. So, no, I don't know if an English version of the manual even exists, BUT I could help you translate all the important parts of the German manual into English myself, if that'll help you. If you can send me a PDF or similar of the German version, I wouldn't mind translating for you...at least the features of your projector that still mystify you.
Let me know if you wanna go this route...oh, and say hi to Alan Rik and everyone else on the forum from me :-)

Regards,
- Jan

update 2:

Just ordered this book [Wink]

Dimitris

--------------------
film is alive

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 26, 2013 09:20 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to old friend, Jan - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 26, 2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, so good to hear that your actually still among the living. If you happen to still have my e-mail address, your more than welcome to shoot me an e-mail!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 26, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jan,

If you're out there please check in and let us know how you are doing, and where you are doing it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 30, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My God, it's been an eternity! Hi everyone!!! :-D

Well, I'm alive...and not only that...but by a series of miracles I've found my way back to the States, my ex-wife and I got remarried, I got my old life back and a chance at a fresh start...it's been a rollercoaster these past 5 years, but things are going really well at the moment. Might even start working very soon. [Razz]

And my movie stuff? Well, sadly all that's still sitting in storage somewhere in Germany...but my parents already hinted they'll help pay to have it all shipped back to me. Maybe next year? Who knows...but I still have my Elmo "ST-1600D" (you know, the one modified for 1600ft reels) and my Sankyo Stereo-800 and the Bauer camera and lots of editing stuff and all my feature-length films and shorts from L&H, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin...anyway, I'm kinda thrilled at the idea of re-discovering all those treasures in the future, although I doubt I'll get back into collecting any more (never really did have the kind of money it takes...)

Anyway, that's where I'm at :-)

Big wave to all of ya! [Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 30, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great to hear, Jan!

We now have a twice annual film collector's convention in southern New Jersey. If it ever becomes practical for you to attend, it would be a blast to meet you in person.

(As a matter of fact it's coming up this weekend.)

Cinesea October 2012

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 11:53 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So happy to hear from you Jan.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 11:53 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, welcome back to the states and the forum. So glad to hear of your good news, and may by God's grace the rollercoaster ride be over.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 12:38 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So magnificent to hear from you, Jan, and hey, you don't have to have your films present, in order to post about films!

I still have that optical sound super 8 you sold me right before you disappeared!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC