8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The come back of the vinyl (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The come back of the vinyl
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 01:36 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just seen a subject about the Beatles on the French television. It was said that in Britain the vinyl records (in general, not only for the Beatles) had 14 songs and only 12 in the US. Does anyone know why ? (if it is true of course)

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2014 01:42 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom, regarding the Beatles, British editions were effectively different from the American Ones.
For example, the first album "Please Please Me" was edited in America as "Introducing the Beatles", with "Please Please Me" and "Ask me why" missing from the album (but published as singles).
Furthermore, there are more albums in USA than in England (with different titles and different track listings), up to 1966. Things changed from Sgt. Pepper where all the albums (except Magical Mistery Tour) were the same as in England.
This was for a promotion/marketing reason.

Magical Mistery Tour, btw, was edited ad an EP in England and as a LP in USA, due to the fact that EP were not popular in the USA.

All data from "The complete Beatles Recording Sessions. The official story of the Abbey Road years", by Mark Lewisohn, a book that every Beatle fan should have! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC